wa coyote hunting

southernsmoke

Hey guys, so i am a new member to predator masters and i have never hunted coyotes in wa state. I am currently located in western wa and would love to hookup with someone in eastern wa to do some dog hunting. originally from north carolina i am not used to the whole "public hunting land" thing. Any and all help would be appreciated!

There's no coyotes in the east side better stay there and hunt the wet side ones
smile.gif
the public land is easy there will be little red or green signs on tee posts that say feel free to hunt. You can get an app on your phone for 30 bucks that shows you what's what.

Welcome to WA. I started my WA coyote hunting in western WA and there are allot of coyotes here, plus a better chance of bobcats. There is quite a bit of public land that is lightly hunted but ferreting it out of the closed timberland can be difficult. A good public lands map and/or GPS chip is helpful and a trip to the county assessors or accessing the the county landowner maps on the internet.

The eastside is just easier as you can see farther and you rarely need raingear, unless you hunt with me. It seem as if the rain follows me to the eastside, my hunting partner can hunt all fall over there and never need his raingear until I show up.

Good Luck and Good Hunting

Last summer i had a lot better success. I'm on a horrid dry spell. I'll hunt close to home north of Spokane. I also hunt around medical lake, raerdon, davenport.

Public land all over the place. Dont be afraid to knock on some doors as well. I would wait a bit, Its dry and hot as [beeep] over here right now!

Sure could use some rain now, fires and the risk will keep ground closed. Most landowners don't even want a gas rig parking on their place.

Blue creek got burned crispy. Burned over 6000+ acres from the bottom of blue creek up klicker mountain. I'm waiting toll the dam weather cools off before heading out. It's been miserably hot the last couple weeks all triple digit Temps

Originally Posted By: BrownieBlue creek got burned crispy. Burned over 6000+ acres from the bottom of blue creek up klicker mountain. I'm waiting toll the dam weather cools off before heading out. It's been miserably hot the last couple weeks all triple digit Temps

Its been darn hot up in Yakima too Brownie! I wont be hunting till late september, so they can get a little bigger, if even then...

Originally Posted By: AWS... but ferreting it out of the closed timberland can be difficult...

Doesn't help that all the redneck good ole boy ignorant dipsticks have treated the lumber company's timber lands so poorly that a lot of the timber co's are shutting hunters and shooters out...

Back