Alabama ROLL CALL for coyotes, please check in and say HI !!

Shot one on Tuesday. I was watching a bait pile and she ran out in the field, not even going toward the bait. The carcass of this guy was the bait.

207085091a3a6a36931f6a9e210f144f_zps5d66c1e6.jpg

b1548d3726eea35bc1d06a31a3ea252d_zps085d6dfb.jpg

I hate you!
tt2.gif
LOL.... Good job David.
So you dropped a nice deer AND a yote too? Cant tell for sure but it looks to be around an 8 point? And I see that you gave that yote some glaucoma medicine because he sure is bugged eyed after you got through with him.
thumbup.gif

We went deer hunting Monday morning and after sitting down for ten minutes he came running in. Muzzleloader at 70 yards with iron sights. He's 7 point 15 1/2 inside spread, 125 pounds dressed.

As for the coyote, her eyes didn't want to stay in after that vmax come running in the front door. I had another picture but it might be a little graphic for the site. I'll give you a call and fill you in on the rest of the story.

Originally Posted By: Flint creek hunterI'm new to the fourm and new to predator hunting. I live in Decatur and hunt in morgan, Lawrence and Fayette county.

Welcome to the forum FCH! Its a great place, kick your boots off and stay a while.

Welcome aboard Flint ! Great to have you on here.
I havent been to the forum in a bit but hope you folks out there are seeing some critters. Anyone got a report they would like to share with the rest of us? Shoot, come to think about it, I havent been hunting in a good while either. I need to change that!
smile.gif

Welcome all.
About nailed a large turbo-yote while east bound on 85 near Tuskegee National Forest on a sunny afternoon.
Told my wife look,, pointed,, it was crossing smack in front of us going 200 mph, all stretched out, running flat out.
It just barely beat us to the impact point and kept heading north across the other lane of 85.
No fleas or ticks on that one.. we were doing at least the speed limit ourselves, evasive action was not an option.

I live in North Florida but have a hunting lease in Butler County Alabama near Honoraville and we have a lot of coyote tracks. I haven't had a chance yet to call any because I've only looked around on the lease so far because we took over this June 1st.

Anyone near there that want's to help me thin these tracks that presumably have coyotes somewhere ahead of them?
wink.gif

$bob$

Originally Posted By: LDhunterI live in North Florida but have a hunting lease in Butler County Alabama near Honoraville and we have a lot of coyote tracks. I haven't had a chance yet to call any because I've only looked around on the lease so far because we took over this June 1st.

Anyone near there that want's to help me thin these tracks that presumably have coyotes somewhere ahead of them?
wink.gif

$bob$

Wish i lived closer!

Might be possible. I'm in Mobile, looks to be about a 2.5 hr drive each way. Long for a day trip but possible. Calling is going to be both tough & miserable right now, it's hotter than spring bunnies going at it in a wool sock LOL

Stu,

I'd be delighted to hunt with and learn from you and I'll send you a PM in the morning.

I agree that it's too hot now.

Thanks!
$bob$

Hey guys. I just moved to the harpersville, childersburg, sylacauga area. We moved here from Southwest Mississippi, so i already have experience with the type of terrain and cover obstacles that are evident here. Ive already obtained permission to hunt several areas. Was wondering if anyone else in the area are also predator hunters and, if so, would you be interested in teaming up. If you have little experience, dont worry, I enjoy taking newbies too.

Back