My barrel came five weeks early!

moonshine44

So I called Black Hole Weaponry last Thursday morning because I had some credit card issues and wanted to make sure that my barrel got paid for. The nice lady I talked to said that it had been paid for when I ordered it, so no worries. While I had her on the phone, I asked when I might expect to see my barrel. Her reply was that they were ahead on a lot of stuff, so the shop staff was telling her 8 to 10 weeks from the date of order, which meant that I had five more weeks to wait. Tough, but manageable...

Then, the next afternoon, the brown truck appeared in my driveway. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what it might be bringing, then when I opened the door, I found out: it was my barrel!

So, to make a long story even longer, my Grendel build is essentially done. I'm still waiting on the scope, but it should be here shortly. I haven't had a chance to test fire it yet, because I figured I had lots of time to load some ammo, so no cartridges yet...

Once I get it completely dressed for the party, I'll post a pic or two...

Better than coming home and the wife asking you what's in the package!!! LOL

Congratulations and the range report will be interesting.

Greg

She knew it was coming. The whole "building a new AR" was actually her idea, in a roundabout fashion. It's sort of my Father's Day, Birthday, 4th of July, Arbor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving present!
laugh.gif

How long did it take overall?

My wife always asks if I ordered something like they sometimes just drop off packages for free or something lol

I ordered pretty much everything June 23rd. Most of it came while I was out of town on business, so I was somewhat delayed in the construction process by not being home. I put the lower together a week ago, then the upper yesterday. Still waiting on the scope, which I ordered through a local store...

Back