The ultimate light weight AR15

crapshoot

A local gun shop was having a handgun registration card shredding party yesterday in celebration of the new law abolishing the county hand gun registration. They had many vendors there including FN, Glock, Hogue, NRA, B.A.D., and the Nevada Firearms Coalition. B.A.D.(battle arms development) was showcasing these awesome lightweight AR15 that were designed and manufactured locally. But if you want one you better crack your bank vault and get in a waiting list. These things are BAD ASH! I have no affiliation with the company, just thought they were sweet.

http://www.battlearmsdevelopment.com/oip-rifle

http://www.bentwoodgunsmithing.com/#!oip/c163i

Last edited:
Personally the weight of the standard AR has never really bothered me that much, it's always the balance, or should I say, lack of balance that's bothered me. To me the gun has always felt front heavy. On the flip side I do find weight to be a help to some extent. I used to own a magnum research 10/22 mag. with the carbon wrapped barrel. That thing was so lite I actually had a hard time shooting accurately with it. Traded it off for a heavy barrel version and my free hand shots improved greatly. I do appreciate their dedication to lighten up the ar. But for the price point I'd definitely want to play with one before purchasing it.

Last edited:
Ounces is Pounds is a term used by back county hikers or military type personnel who have to carry everything they need on their backs for extended periods of time. This weapon wouldn't be for the average shooter unless purchased as a novelty. They had a super sweet SBR in 300 blackout.

What I find funny is the (30 to 40 pound or more) over weight guys that complain about ounces on a weapon.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKERWhat I find funny is the (30 to 40 pound or more) over weight guys that complain about ounces on a weapon.
smile.gif
lol. Probably cause it's easier to shed a few ounces from the gun, than the gut...

I built the same thing for my coyote rifle, but used a BCM pencil barrel (scallop-free), no fancy cutouts on Mega upper and lower, Clark carbon fiber tube, and Ace stock. I used a regular FA bolt vs. a JP Enterprises-type lightweight one. The thing is really nice, at way less than half the price.

Back