A little luck in Virginia

CoyoteStalker86

got him last weekend it has taken me awhile to figure out how to add pictures. But went out last weekend. In a field about 400 yards long, 100 yards wide. I have heard some coyotes their in the past. Put my call out started playing fawn distress. With in a minute he was on top of the call. He must have smelled the call cause he whirled around and ran off about 60 yards. Stopped and was looking around I shot him once in the back and once more in the neck to finish him off. Just got some night vision gear and he didn't have a clue what was up.
11377176_10205342736305144_7354005932999524222_n_zpsgh7cu1za.jpg

Congratulations.
Here's a tip from an old hunter....In the future, you might reconsider taking the photos on your front porch. Coyote blood dripping on the porch = mad wife = you have to scrub the porch.
Don't take offence, just giving you a little advice based on life experience.

Originally Posted By: 1trkyhntrCongratulations.
Here's a tip from an old hunter....In the future, you might reconsider taking the photos on your front porch. Coyote blood dripping on the porch = mad wife = you have to scrub the porch.
Don't take offence, just giving you a little advice based on life experience.

w00t.gif
yep...

Nicely done and welcome....

Nice job.

If you don't mind, tell us about your rifle and loads, bullet performance etc. as well as the night vision you are using.

Haha yea it happens my wife was the one taking the picture. She made that pretty clear that I needed to clean that before I left. Best light source available at the time.

20150523_231146_zpslpw5m9m1.jpg

I have a M4 dpms 223cal shoot hornady super performance ammo. With a M845 scope gen 2 need to get a brighter illuminator. Its a 850 he was about 110 yards away. I didn't have a problem seeing him. But if it was a little darker, And he was a little farther away. He could have been a issue. I also have a Flir ps24, And my caller is a FoxPro shockwave.

Originally Posted By: CoyoteStalker86got him last weekend it has taken me awhile to figure out how to add pictures. But went out last weekend. In a field about 400 yards long, 100 yards wide. I have heard some coyotes their in the past. Put my call out started playing fawn distress. With in a minute he was on top of the call. He must have smelled the call cause he whirled around and ran off about 60 yards. Stopped and was looking around I shot him once in the back and once more in the neck to finish him off. Just got some night vision gear and he didn't have a clue what was up.
11377176_10205342736305144_7354005932999524222_n_zpsgh7cu1za.jpg

Was deer hunting outside Crew in Dec. and the place we were hunting was crawling with coyotes. Hope to get back there to hunt just them.
Congrats on the dog also.

Thanks, We do have right many here. I hear them a lot when i go out and try to mess with them. They are just so smart and hard to trick. Hopefully with the night vision, I will start to kill more then I educate. Good luck to you!

Back