Pulsar HD19A review. WOW!

case-nh

Just felt compelled to give my opinion on this. Purchased one from UNV after renting one and after less than a minute looking through it I knew I was going to buy it. Had a FLIR 24 previously; which is a quality product and I was happy with but this was outstanding. Haven't looked through anyting first hand other than these two but detection range with this was far better than I'ld have hoped for even without the 2x. I could detect a dear size animal easily at 1/2 mile and coyote size (which is what I want at 400 to 500 yds. easily. Haven't had a chance to detect them beyond that yet but am sure it will. Adustments for brightness and contrast are great and selecting one of the preset modes is usually all I use. Has battery packs so you can change out in the field if needed, rotational built in lens cover and great case. They even offer a Pelican type hard case for free. This has taken detection to another level for me. Fabulous is all I can say for the money.

I've had one since January, and it was a game changer. Although I can't identify coyotes at 300-400 yds. from their shape, I can tell by the way they move what they are. I've spotted them in the field behind my house when I would have had no idea they were there. I've used it calling and on the bait pile and it works equally well either way. I wouldn't want to leave home calling without it now. One of the after effects is being able to see a coyote that runs after being hit and to know exactly where it falls.

I would agree with that. You may not be able to ID them but if you're calling you can sure tell them apart from anyting else by there movement coming in. I wouldn't want to go out at night without it. Same thing on shot but not put down animals as it allows you to find them quickly and finish them if they are not down already.

I sold my PS24 last year to a member on here and purchased one of these back in January. FLIR no doubt has great products and great Customer Service but I do enjoy my 19A. I like being able to adjust the image as the weather changes. I'm glad to see more companies getting into the ring. Makes the price wars begin and maybe allows more people to purchase these products and allows them to get in the game.

No. I can pick up anything that is alive in a large field in a matter of seconds. Performs well in high humidity and light rain. Best money I ever spent for hunting at night!

Last edited:
I don't either. Seemed to be confusing at times as if I had to increase it some than everything started to be red. Couldn't get the hang of that feature and the 19A picks up heat so well and at distances that really impress me.

I've had one for a while now. For the money there's nothing that comes close to it.
Here's a picture of a little rabbit about 50 yards out on 2x zoom.

Vic, good to see you carrying the 19A however the picture you have isn't the 19A. I know you don't want to have a misleading picture where customers think they're getting something with the size of a 35mm lens. The 19A has a twist open lens cover rather than the flip open for the bigger units.

Thanks guys! I have our web guy on it. Of course I never ever want to mislead.
smile.gif

Vic

Bringing this back to the top because in interested in how guys that own them are using them. Do you hold them up to your eye the whole time or do you have them mounted on a helmet somehow like a pvs 14?

Proved itself again. Picked up one coming in at about 500 yds. Turned on the D740 and couldn't find it. Thought I would be able to see it without the torch but couldn't find it along a dark fence line. Picked up the 18A and there he was 130yds out standing there looking at the decoy. Picked up the rifle turned on the torch and dropped him where he stood.

Back