Angled Grip or Vertical Grip

Wallbass45

I looked in Google here and didn't get what I was looking for.
So for Hunting which do you prefer Angled Forearm Grip or Vertical Grip and why ??? Thanks Jeff

Last edited:
I have a vertical foregrip on a clamshell carbine with a bipod mount. The bipod brackets ate my hand when I held it by the forend, so I added the vertical foregrip to get my hand out of there. That's the only reason - I don't like the way guns handle with vertical grips, much less stability, and way less comfortable for carry. When I take the bipod off of that rifle, I take the vert grip off too.

I have angled foregrips on a couple rifles, and I like them so far. I have some mobility issues in my wrist, so it's hard for me to commit fully under a rifle, the angled grip relaxes some of the pressure on my wrist. AN ANGLED FOREGRIP IS NOT AS STABLE AS HOLDING THE FOREND ITSELF, but it's serviceable.

Mostly, foregrips, whether vertical or angled, just look cool, and don't really make anything better. But if you think you need one, then the angled grip is the better of the two.

After getting my Quad rail on it made it about 1/2 wider then the crappie forearm that came with the rifle, then I put covers on some of the rails and that made it wider. I just thought that I would try one of the two so maybe it would help with Arthritis in my hand, get a better hold. If I don't like it then I could return it.

I like the look and feel of the Magpul AFG2. If a guy wants something, it's a decent choice. I can't recall what brand my vert grip is, I'd suppose AAC or CMMG? Just a cheapy.

my hunting rifles have bipods and no grip but my SBR has the Magpul Moe vert grip. I like a short vert grip with a tape switch for a light, and it helps keep my hand from getting in front of the barrel on the SBR.

After buying a Magpul AFG2 I really like it better than a Vertical. Don't snag on stuff like the Vert, just more comfortable all around. Thanks Jeff

Back