...and look what happens...

Ursus21

A guy leaves his light on and door open and look what happens...Al Morris and his dog Ted show up to kill some coyotes. I had an absolute blast hosting Al Morris, Jeff Writer, and Matt Piippo this week. We were specifically out to work the decoy dogs on as many coyotes as possible. We saw plenty of coyotes, burned through some lead, knocked down more than we missed, and laughed so much all our guts hurt today. If any of you ever get a chance to hunt with any of these "better than good old boys", do it!

Big Al with the first coyote of the trip. The trouble with hunting with Big Al is that he really is a big guy and makes every single coyote look small, it's even worse in their summer coats. This is actually a really nice mature male. Looks scrawny next to Al.
Al%20Morris%207-9-15_zpsiafulbkk.jpg

Here's a one I shot just shortly after Al killed the one above. We are quite sure she was his partner in coyote crime. She was an adult female. We did not kill any pup on the whole trip. In fact we only saw two pups, but we never fired a shot at them...mostly because they were too far away.
wink.gif

Troy%20Adams%20and%20Al%20Morris%207-9-15A_zpsdpoyyy1x.jpg

That's some really beautiful, wide open country. Looks like there should be a coyote in every draw.
smile.gif

Regards,
hm

Btw, the subject of M2D cameo came up. We all thinks it's a great pattern. Personally I think it's the best there is in this open prairie type country. Unfortunately last I heard it isn't going to be around much longer. So if you can find some you better buy it while you can.

TR, if we didn't think it would get us in trouble we would release a whole new TV series called Fat Soldier. In this group we are all getting a little older and rounder. The commentary that ensued from from this fact was beyond hilarious. We had no trouble laughing at ourselves, but in today's society I'm sure someone would get all bent out of shape by the joking around. Too bad really, as it was some Triple A Grade comedy.

Originally Posted By: songdogWhat's this I hear about Fat Soldier, through the grape vine
lol.gif

Hey, I resemble that remark!
wink.gif
Great job, Troy!

Originally Posted By: Ursus21Btw, the subject of M2D cameo came up. We all thinks it's a great pattern. Personally I think it's the best there is in this open prairie type country. Unfortunately last I heard it isn't going to be around much longer. So if you can find some you better buy it while you can.

I love mine, and have worn it for years. 5 i think, and it's been great and only faded. I have a few rips, but that is the fences at work and not the camo.

If you can find it for a good deal. I will tell you that it just flat out looks weird, until you sit down and your partner goes and places the call and turns around and has to think a minute where you are sitting.

Most camo is too dark and the only other patern that i see that works in open grass or grass and trees is the Cabela's new pattern. Otherwise i prefer the m2d, it's double thick and has pockets for knee pad inserts. (if you want to use them)

The camo isn't designed to look good, it's designed to work good with the eye sight of the animals in mind. I didn't believe it until i did the color filtering and looked again. IMO of course.

Back