Accurate, light weight, 18"+ bbl recommendations please ???

Originally Posted By: bachekermooniin .223 Rem. Need it for predator hunting. can not move my DPMS to Cali.

That would be the man below setting you up with one of his from Black Hole. Lights out or you can't shoot.

Greg

Odinworks 18" intermediate. Comes with lo-pro gas block and gas tube.
I have their 16" ultra lite barrel and it shoots lights out.

Odinworks 18" intermediate

Joe Bobs carries 'em and OdinWorks customer service is top notch. Operator error sent the guts of my adjustable gas tube down range and they fixed it while I explained my problem. They asked for my barrel that I happened to have in the truck and they pinned the gas hole and found that it wasn't drilled all the way through. They opened it up for me right then and there and it wasn't even their barrel. Quality folks!

I recently purchased a white oak 18" fluted SS SPR. Barrel with a full length gas system. 1-8" twist. I have not had a chance to accuracy test any loads, but it is shooting 62gr. Green tip around an inch at 100yds, and it is pretty light.

I built an AR for a buddy recently on a BHW "RTS" barrel, 18" coated black. I'm not usually a fan of the balance in lightweight AR's, but this thing sets up really clean.

The RTS line is their "standard weight" barrel, but I have to say, it's much lighter and smoother handling than my 16" bushy carbines.

IMG_5113_zpsircq8r3d.jpg

i may be missing something but when i went to Rich's site, there were options for a bunch of calibers, but nothing in 223, or 5.56x45.

Back