Sneek Peek first thermal Vids from the new IR Patrol

since there are no issues with the Norotos INVG Mount, can anyone tell me if it allows you to adjust the monocular any further from your eye than the Wilcox G24 mount does? When I adjust the G24 out away as far as it will go, it still is a little too close to my eyeball. I am considering getting a different helmet and a Norotos INVG Mount so I don't have to swap all the hardware when going between the PVS14 and the IR Patrol and hoping it will adjust a little further away. Also I assume the kit that comes with the IR Patrol has all the necessary adapters to mount to the Norotos INVG Mount also?

Originally Posted By: Shurshotsince there are no issues with the Norotos INVG Mount, can anyone tell me if it allows you to adjust the monocular any further from your eye than the Wilcox G24 mount does? When I adjust the G24 out away as far as it will go, it still is a little too close to my eyeball. I am considering getting a different helmet and a Norotos INVG Mount so I don't have to swap all the hardware when going between the PVS14 and the IR Patrol and hoping it will adjust a little further away. Also I assume the kit that comes with the IR Patrol has all the necessary adapters to mount to the Norotos INVG Mount also?

I have the same question when using a G11.

I have ordered the Flir Recon M24 adapter and am wondering the same thing??

Thanks all!

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: Shurshotsince there are no issues with the Norotos INVG Mount, can anyone tell me if it allows you to adjust the monocular any further from your eye than the Wilcox G24 mount does? When I adjust the G24 out away as far as it will go, it still is a little too close to my eyeball. I am considering getting a different helmet and a Norotos INVG Mount so I don't have to swap all the hardware when going between the PVS14 and the IR Patrol and hoping it will adjust a little further away. Also I assume the kit that comes with the IR Patrol has all the necessary adapters to mount to the Norotos INVG Mount also?

Thanks all!

If you get the M250 kit that comes with the Wilcox helmet mount adapter, then you will have everything you need to attach the unit to an INVG. The INVG does have a slightly longer reach than the G24, so it will help slightly in moving the IR Patrol away from the face. But, it's not going to be a dramatic difference.

Originally Posted By: Chip556Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: Shurshotsince there are no issues with the Norotos INVG Mount, can anyone tell me if it allows you to adjust the monocular any further from your eye than the Wilcox G24 mount does? When I adjust the G24 out away as far as it will go, it still is a little too close to my eyeball. I am considering getting a different helmet and a Norotos INVG Mount so I don't have to swap all the hardware when going between the PVS14 and the IR Patrol and hoping it will adjust a little further away. Also I assume the kit that comes with the IR Patrol has all the necessary adapters to mount to the Norotos INVG Mount also?

Thanks Chip!

Thanks all!

If you get the M250 kit that comes with the Wilcox helmet mount adapter, then you will have everything you need to attach the unit to an INVG. The INVG does have a slightly longer reach than the G24, so it will help slightly in moving the IR Patrol away from the face. But, it's not going to be a dramatic difference.

You got that right!

Still waiting for parts to my G11 so I can mount my IR250 too my helmet.

Went out a couple Saturdays ago for a test run with the IRPatrol and it BLEW the doors off of my Flir LS64.

I could clearly see that a Antelope was 200 yards out. Didn't see any coyotes, saw Birds, Bugs, Cattle, Deer and Rabbits! No stinking Coyotes though:-(

Back