Got the new 8 twist 243 PIC ADDED

MasterBlaster

Have had some luck with the 105 Vmax but the other stuff not so good yet work to do! You guy shoot the 107gr BTHP match?
image.jpg1_zpspnqglbbd.jpg

image.jpg1_zps76rjr4ob.jpg

image.jpg2_zpssriv2ziw.jpg

MB

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MasterBlaster700 Rem trued McMillan game scout 1-8 twist Bartlein #3 Leupold 4.5 x 14 30 mm CDS with wind plex
MB

Nice rig !

What is the finish/color on the stock ? It's very uniform..

I have ran a lot of 105's on top of Rl-17 in a 8 twist. That combination is a proven one.

However I think you will find more of what you want with 105's on top of H-100v. I wouldn't have believed it until I ran it myself. The combination just plain works.

I'm going to run more testing on 100v for temp stable this summer, but for now it's what I'm running.

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeRL-17 .. 105 Amax and 105 VLD

+1 RL17 seems to do best with heavy for caliber bullets. My
1:9.25 twist puts 105Amax into 5 shot 1/4 if I do my part.
Doesn't make sense....it should be doing better with lighter
bullets, but their groups remind me of the above groups.
unsure.gif

Originally Posted By: steve garrettRL 17 = very temp unstable. tons of speed, also check your groupings with it at 500 or more yards.

I've heard this thrown around a time or 2 on the net. I've yet to have a prob from out to 700 . 30* to 95*

I don't shoot as much need or would like,but it's been good so far.

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeOriginally Posted By: steve garrettRL 17 = very temp unstable. tons of speed, also check your groupings with it at 500 or more yards.

I've heard this trown around a time or 2 on the net. I've yet to have a prob from out to 700 . 30* to 95*

I don't shoot as much need or would like,but it's been good so far.

I've shot it over a Chrony in -10° and up to 90°...no real change in velocity (30 fps difference) nor POI issues. It was all easily fixable via calculator and some verifying shots. And to think I did it with a SRP cartridge too! The Reloader series has been reformated and is much better at temp stability.

Originally Posted By: steve garrettRL 17 = very temp unstable. tons of speed, also check your groupings with it at 500 or more yards.

IME, Rl-17 is fairly temp stable. Not to the "Extreme" powder level, but just as stable as 4350. Some of the RL powders got a bad name for temp stability, but the ones hit the hardest are the ones competitors use the most of. Go figure.

Nothing wrong with Rl-17 or 15 for that matter. I've shot drums of the stuff. All good. It's also some of the most consistent powder for long range. Don't know why groups would get worse at down range. Shoot some.

Agreed Smokeless,

My buds Cody and Kevin shoot the stuff in Utah all the time and the run it hard and way out there.

IIRC , Kev might have turned me to it.

Tim,
Yup that's right. Run it hard you can. The Reloader powders are very good. Powder of choice for many in the know.

That H-100v though likes to be pushed and has impressed me a lot. I have only shot a couple pounds, but it is impressive in speed, accuracy and, according to my Quick Load, it has less heat potential. That means, potentially, longer barrel life. Check it out. It burns right with 4350.

Back