~Pistol grip pump verses squirrels~

Infidel 762

Staff member
Day 4 of killing tree rats that are jacking with my apple trees and chewing holes in my shed... With squirrels everything is low hanging fruit;

This morning when I left for work, I saw tree rats down by my apple trees, again;

Tonight I broke out the pistol grip pump;

I engaged this one at point blank range... Resulting in a little fur damage
scared.gif

They are much easier to hit with a shotty;

High brass number 6 load got mixed in with what I was shooting;

Wandered the woods around my house until dark;

Day 5, mopping up... Still a few pockets of resistance...
crazy.gif

Alvin, Simon and Theodore;

This day is done...

4 July 2015

Trying to enjoy sum family time when the squirrel insurgency strikes back;

Took this one out trying to plant an IED
crazy.gif

You could see their muzzle flash in the tree line, streamers behind their RPGs
lol.gif
lol.gif

The day was tit for tat;

We took fire into the night
tongue_smilie.gif

It was just like the 4th of July
sneaky2.gif

14 July 2015
Apple trees are still being contested...

Pebbles and BamBam on a Friday Night
Tried to get to heaven on a paper kite
Lightning struck, and down they fell
Instead of goin to heaven they went straight to he11

I heard a scream
I heard a shout
It was Betty Rubble knockin Wilma out;

What's done, is done;

This day ends...

15 July 2015

"When the buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice, for we are hunters and we want our freedom." -- Chief Sitting Bull, Hunkpapa Lakota Sioux

I don't know where they all keep coming from?

The day is done....

Last edited:
Looks like you're taking out an assortment of genders!
Man, a couple of those males look to have some age...judging by their "equipment". DAM.N!!!!!

If you dressed them well, and got all the pellets removed, squirrels make some fine meals!
(I haven't had squirrel myself in nearly 20 years.)

Originally Posted By: atdLike the ant picture, I always preferred to use black cats on them though.

When I was kid, I did the same thing with Black Cats. We always seemed to have a couple ant hills in the yard. ('Course the yard was 4 acres.)
Dad would let me blow 'em up, on the 4th.
And then the next day, he would douse them with gasoline, and light a match!!
wink.gif

That's the good thing about having a 10 year old son... You have an excuse to do what you did at that age... I used to blow them up with black cats to, sometimes the little lady fingers... Now days the black cat's fuses burn to fast.. Try to pop them individually and the go off in your hand..

Tree rat population around my house has been put in check... Walked the woods around my house a couple times with zero sightings... Walked down to check the mail and saw the first one in as many days;

You are a killing machine! This year, when I went squirrel hunting, I was disgusted by the lack of 22 lr ammo so they unfortunately got to meet the 12 ga out of pure anger. Using #6 dove loads works pretty for saving meat if you rake the pattern across the top of their head. I accidently threw in a #5 turkey load that I accidently threw in my pocket...10 yds is way to close for that apparently. I saved the back legs and some of the back meat. Hard to beat squirrel when you fry it and then steam it in a crock pot to get it tender. Good shooting!

Shelton

Originally Posted By: shelton573 Hard to beat squirrel when you fry it and then steam it in a crock pot to get it tender.

I will have to try the crock pot... We fried some like rabbit and it tasted like @ss... I just want these gone... Most have a lot of ticks...

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762Originally Posted By: shelton573 Hard to beat squirrel when you fry it and then steam it in a crock pot to get it tender.

I will have to try the crock pot... We fried some like rabbit and it tasted like @ss... I just want these gone... Most have a lot of ticks...

The way my uncle taught me to do it is fry it in pieces (legs, back, ribs, etc.) in what ever seasoned flour you want. Then put water in the bottom of your crock pot and put a plate, foil or pan to keep the pieces out of the water. Throw the fried pieces on the plate and let it go on low for a couple hours then crisp the pieces in the oven under the broiler when they are tender enough. Since he taught me that I started squirrel hunting again.

Shelton

Back