Silencer for a .22 Bolt Gun

Wallbass45

I don't know much about Silencers but buying a Ruger American Rimfire threaded 1/2x28 compact. What is a Good one that isn't to bad on price?? From what ive seen Im thinking 5"

I run SAS stuff with great results but there are several decent rimfire cans on the market with minimum FRP. Whatever you buy make darn SURE its user servible. Rimfires are very dirty and suppressors for them need cleaned....

I'm partial to Thunder beast's cans. I've got a few of them and they've all been excellent. Their rimfire cans are sealed and I run everything from slowwww suppressor ammo to 22wmr and 17hmr through it. I weighed it back when it was new out of the box and I weigh it every so often and it hasn't hardly changed a bit so the fact that I can't take it apart myself, is not concern. Also, TBAC told me if I'm ever concerned about build up inside my TBAC suppressor, I just send it back to them and they clean it free of charge.

There are a lot of good cans on the market but I agree with what was previously mentioned, don't cheap out, get something really good. In the long run, you'll be glad you did.

Do you know if you're going to do a "Trust" or try and get your local police chief to sign off for you? IMO, using a "trust" is by far the better way to go.

I like the Thunderbeast 22 cans also and have both of their 22LR cans for hunting only.....but for volume shooting I would most certainly go with a silencerco Spectre II. I Just dropped the coin on another one to add to the collection. Best value IMO for what you get. User serviceable and no FRP at all.

The Sparrow is great serviceable can also but a little more expensive and has FRP.

Trust me, the amount of crap that accumulates in a can with a 1000 rounds of 22 ammo is scary and when it gets to that point it is hard to clean completely up unless you can take can apart.

Well first off, 1 22 can is a good start. I have 6 22LR cans. But that's mostly due to having 6 shooters in the family. I had to get every one a can or it was a battle royal.

I run SS Sparrow, Griffin CMII, SWR Spectre, SF Ryder, TBAC 22L-1, and i have a old Sparrow.
I also have a new SAS Tolerance in route as well. It i'll be #7, And is a great 22 Can, Info on it;

The TOLERANCE is our entry into the user serviceable suppressor market. Small, light wight, extremely quiet and now able to be cleaned by the user. Perfect for all the .22 handguns on the market as well as the longtime favorite 10/22.

Weight- 3.5 oz

Length x Diameter- 5" x 1"

Sound Reduction- 43.4db

Huntertown has had TONS of issues. Won't bad mouth them but lots of horror stories out there with minimal searching.

I have shoot the Huntertown Kestrel 5.56. I was not impressed. Heavy as [beeep]. this is in comparison YHM phantom 556, SF SOCOM556RC, TBAC 223A, and AAC M42000.
WAS not very Quiet, not repeatable zero, and poi was all over the place.

Several better cans, for not too much more green.

I have the silencerco sparrow. I run it on a browning T-bolt with CCI quiet ammo. Virtually silent. Very pleased with the can. Chris

Silencerco Sparrow. Great design, user serviceable, quiet. I've been very happy with it on my 10/22 and Buckmark pistol.

Sendit

I have a Liberty Regulator in jail and was able to shoot it at my SOT's gun club recently and was extremely impressed with it. The host was an M&P 22compact using CCI standard velocity ammo and the most amazing thing was the apparent lack of FRP coming from a monocore can. Liberty indicated the actual FRP is down to about 3dB on the meter and this was the same number indicated from the guy that does videos for Capitol Armory as compared to 10dB for a SiCo Sparrow. My SOT owns a Sparrow and was very impressed with the Regulator.

I had shot a co-worker's Spectre II using the same ammo and while it's a quiet can it is definitely noticeable on the end of the pistol. While I would say the Regulator is a tad quieter than the Spectre II, the biggest thing was how light it felt on the pistol. The Regulator is NOT rated for 5.7 so if you need that capability you'll have to look elsewhere, but for .22mag on down it's a can that needs to be on your short list.

Back