~Female for the 4th~

Infidel 762

Staff member
If you think about it, generations of indigenous people lived on this land long before the Founding Fathers put pen to paper, writing the Declaration of Independence... We claim this land as our own... But do we own this land or does this land own us? Do we inherit this land from our ancestors or do we simply borrow it from our children?

In the Army while deployed to Mesopotamia I saw cultures living along simple, traditional lines of authority... In larger urban areas I saw Western World influence at "odds" with their cultural ways... Seemed almost as if individualism, toleration and skepticism was reprogramming these younger generations... Seemed as if it left many without a personal sense of identity... Away from the urban areas, in the open desert they appeared less affected...

In urban areas here, I see little if any traditional ways of life... The Amish have done a good job preserving their values... Confederate flags and hunting are traditions and under attack... As more and more land gets cleared... Things like this stand out to me;

One thing I can count on while hunting coyotes is that it takes my mind off things... The whole mental aspect that goes into just where to set-up before calling... How those decisions can make or break a stand...

I had an open 160 acre irrigated corn field behind me... I was set up right on the fence line... I had an East wind and I was calling into the 160 acre tract to the East... Corn was only knee high so they would have to circle into the open field to get down wind... However I was set up right on the edge of the road...there is an opening with a dried pond in front of me... I contemplated setting up a couple hundred yards in on the levy of the pond.. I would have had a better view and they would feel safer coming in not so close to the road versus them being able to circle without going into the open field... I chose to stay by the road... I did a couple pup howls and she came in at about the 5 minute mark... She came in on my 9 o'clock straight down the fence line... She put herself between myself and the call at about 30 yards;

Had I decided to set up on the levy, she would have gotten down wind and I would have never seen her... Very young female who appears to have birthed at 1 years old;

I shot her last night under hot conditions for calling...still she was close enough to make my 4th... Happy 4th all... Stay safe...

Great way to celebrate the 4th, Jeremy. Thanks for sharing your hunt. Hope the rest of your weekend goes equally as well.

Also thanks to you and all, who have contributed so much to the freedoms we celebrate this Independence Day.

Regards,
hm

I read the title and was expecting to see something more along these lines.
avatar_952a5ccb2d05_128_zpsquxbi2yp.png

Nice job and write up once again. You should check out an artist by the name of Judy Onofrio's current work. You two have similar taste.

Thanks all and I hope you all had a good 4th...

Originally Posted By: hm1996Great way to celebrate the 4th, Jeremy. Thanks for sharing your hunt. Hope the rest of your weekend goes equally as well.

I hope your able to get out in the woods again soon, Clarence... You do any fishing?

Originally Posted By: crapshootI read the title and was expecting to see something more along these lines.
avatar_952a5ccb2d05_128_zpsquxbi2yp.png

How bout along these lines... These beautiful women are Kurds fighting ISIS... Just sumthin bout the dark haired ones been my weakness;

Originally Posted By: atdNice job and write up once again. You should check out an artist by the name of Judy Onofrio's current work. You two have similar taste.

I just checked out Judy Onofrio's work... She is inspirational...

"she appears to have birthed at one years old...."
aaah, kids...........they grow up so fast these days.
nice goin' man.

Back