I'm gonna have NASCAR withdrawals...

canislatrans54

I can tell...I'm gonna have serious NASCAR withdrawals the rest of the year.
grin.gif

Started already today...not being able to watch the Xfinity & Cup practices on TV. (they're on NBCSN)

With the exception of Sunday's Daytona race, which is on NBC, I won't get to see very many Xfinity or Cup races the rest of the season.
Most of those races will be aired on NBCSN, which I don't get!
mad.gif

The next races, in those two series, that I will have a chance to watch aren't until Labor Day weekend.
cry.gif

Being that I am a HUGE fan, it sucks to be me this Summer!
grin.gif
grin.gif

At least I'll still be able to watch the Truck races on Fox Sports 1...which, even though they are shorter races, and not every weekend...they generally have some exciting finishes.
cool.gif
cool.gif

I ran into your same problem with races on FS1. I don't think I get the NBCSN channel you mention either. I thought nascar wanted to gain fans not loose them.

Darn, Will, from the title, I thought you were going to boycott Nascar because of the RBFF.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>(Rebel Battle Flag Flap)
wink.gif
lol.gif

Regards,
hm

I thought it was over this flag bull, as well. Is NASCAR a race organization or a left wing of the government. Maybe they should stick to racing and quit telling paying customers what to do.

The race ain't what it used to be I don't think or maybe I just lost interest. But whatever the case the flag thing makes me less likely to watch the race and all the commercials.

I lost them on channel moves years ago, sucked at first, but you get over it. Was already disenchanted after Dale hit the wall, and a few of the other old names retired; just couldn't find anyone to root for.

Currently if I could watch them, I wouldn't. I'm beyond fed up with them and their current positions on politically correct B_S_ . They need to stick to racing and quit playing politics. On top of the flag issue, they've dropped all ties with Donald Trump's business ventures because they didn't like what he said about Mexicans.

I guess I'm just too much of a diehard fan. (Been a fan long before they ever aired the first race on TV. Grandpa and I used to listen to them on the radio broadcasts, when we could...back in the early '70s.)

As for the political stuff...I ignore that aspect of it. I don't watch NASCAR because of what the boys in charge decide to do. Or what stance they take on a subject.
I watch it for the unpredictable excitement; the driving ability of the top drivers; and because I enjoy it.

Yeah, I miss the old guys.
But, unlike Morgan Shepherd (age 73!!!), there are very few guys who race past their fifties.

I can always find some one to root for, be it Dale Jr; home state driver Clint Bowyer; or up and comers like Kyle Larson, "Bubba" Wallace Jr., or Jeb Burton.
I can even respect Kyle Busch's ability, even though I think he's a wanker.
No matter what, I'll probably always be a fan of the sport.

Side note:
Last night's rain delayed race was (IMO) worth the wait...even though it didn't start until nearly midnight (eastern time).
As is normal for Daytona races, there were a couple "big ones".
But none as "big" as the chaos at the checkered flag, at the exact finish line!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm very glad that everyone walked away safely (if only bumped and bruised.)
Thank goodness for all of the safety improvements made since Dale Sr.'s death!!!!!!

And, of course...I am very happy that my favorite driver dominated, and won the race....cleanly!!!

Last edited:
I'm glad the bottom of the car hit the fence first rather than the top....that could have been bad. Also have to say that was a well built car.

I agree with you on both things.

That fence was re-built, and reinforced in 2013, after Kyle Larson's car went into it in that year's Feb. Nationwide Series race.
Very similar wreck to this one. The added cables behind the fencing this time, seemed to help a lot to keep the car in the track....with less debris getting into the crowd.
I heard there were only 3 people, with minor injuries this time.

As for the car's integrity...yep, much safer cars now, than 10-15 years ago...let alone those first 50 years of racing!!

Will,get out and see some local dirt track racing.I hope to be in Salina next friday night.Going to thunderhill this saturday.I am glad my sons baseball is over.Next week i will be missing it though. lol.

Back