swaro z3 vs. zeiss conquest

perch161

looking for a scope for my Savage 12 bvss in .308. Was going to go a little cheaper, but have saved up some more $. Most of the reviews I have read put them very close to each other optically. You get a few more bells and whistles with the Zeiss. Using it primarily for antelope at under 500 yds. Anyone with experience with these that could give some insight would be appreciated. also what reticle would you choose.

Thanks. The HD5 Was what I was thinking. Although I was looking at the 50mm objective lens for a little better low light situations.

cameraland has the 2-10x42 with the Rapid Z 600 on Spring special for $599.99...and you get a $50 VISA card from Zeiss in the mail (on all RZ and Rapid Z reticle scopes). Their open box models are great too. I have a few. Would never know they weren't "new".

Last edited:
I understand that Zeiss customer service is as bad as it gets. I recently bought a few Leupold VX6 series scopes with the fire dot reticle and I'm very pleased with them.
If you are certain you want Euro Glass I would consider Schmidt Bender rifle scopes. I have a couple and they are the best optics I have ever looked through. All Schmidt Bender builds is rifle scopes. Grizz

Thanks for the replies guys. Erik that is a good deal. I'm going to look into whether they have the 3-15x50 on sale. Grizz I've just come to grips with the fact that I'm going to spend a grand on glass. I haven't priced the S&B but I think they may be out of my range. Maybe when all my kids are gone and on their own.

When I wanted to really upgrade my optics on a 22-250, I looked at Nikon Monarch 7, the new (at that time) 3-18x44mm Leupold VX6, Vortex, Bushnell, Nightforce, Huskemaw, a Swaro 5-25x50mm, the Zeiss HD5 5-25x50mm, etc. I went with Zeiss in the end and no complaints. Glass is amazing. The Leupold was slightly more at the time, the Swaro was a good $500 more and my eyes surely couldn't see the difference. Turrets are great on this one, the glass like I say is pretty darn phenomenal, and the simple Z-Plex reticle gives me a perfect, uncluttered blend of heavier posts with a nice thin center still that for a combo of night hunting & long distance day time sniping of small varmint targets - works well for me.

If you are going to get the Zeiss be sure and get the Rapid Z the heavy duplex they have in other models are just to big and thick. I was strongly considering getting another one for my latest build. I read where it is going on your 308 and that should be a good choice. But you did not say exactly what you would be doing with it. If General Hunting that's cool if you want to go long range, Before you throw down for Big Buck scopes you might take a look at the Nikon prostaff long range new for 400.00 They are brand new. Some of the low end scopes have come a long way. No endorsments here ,,,,, I have several big name brands.

Back