Big Bell Eye

Wile E Coyotie

Took the time to put a few set-ups together Friday- pending storms all around the horizon - We ,d got a shot of rain the night before but dawned to a sunny sky with big puffy white clouds - building till late afternoon then WoW--4 inches of Hail- the whole country side white with a 5 mile swath - I know and hear of wicked weather out there in places -Pls every -one B prepared -and alert to changing weather system- in your area-

The air had stalled right out and I had been wanting to get out for more than a week- so --when the wind sock sags ! - I B gone --In the west -a dark black cloud - kinda - more like the whole western Hemisphere is dark or darkening - as i head west 15 mins from town -to excellent location --I kill 3 times a yr on --
- I am on the hill top more like a prairie grass nipple -if i may- in a sea of green 6 inch high wheat--old rail bed running through the bottom - 25C light east wind - 2;00 pm-- -- I pretty much own the compass - giving up on the down wind side cuz -its not where I expect them and the Tacoma is back there hiding as well---
I do all my ranging and preset up stuff - then send a a series of Barks -- for about 2 mins -- and switch to Pup distress-- @ the 12 min mark - i pick up a set of ears on the hill top 200 yrds out -
- she has not seen me but is intent on watching the Mojo spinning - and focuses on it-- - not wanting to move or b detected --i watch as she does for about 2 mins -- then she starts her approach - ears laid back tail tucked in full stealth mode - she creeps lower into the grass---her belly rubbing the ground -as she trots my way--
as soon as she started to move I quickly turned the missile port her way and dropped the big 56 mm bell eye of the 6.5 x 20 Leo VXL in on her -on 10x-- I can see and make a guess its female - she is cautious and sits down at 203 yrds - to study -her nose button about mid chest--
- The last 3 times I have fired the swift -it has shot high -- --i mentally think this through as i center on her sitting looking right towards me -
- Female coyote is only about 5 inches wide and about 3 feet tall at her ear tips when sitting like that --I had good hold center chest- and was surprised when the gun went off-as natural as a heart beat -I watched her head snap back--the 55 gr removed the front row of her top teeth clean as well as removing the total bottom jaw and out the back -#962 female adult -sable white sable- done nursing--

you always have the most unique camera perspective. I love it.
At 77* farenheit at 2 pm on a June afternoon I'd say you did you very well.

Last edited:
Back