NAFA fur auction yesterday

bullshop

Yesterday was the final NAFA coyote auction for last seasons furs. They sold 107,000 coyotes in one day. Musta been like the Wall street stock exchange.
I had a dozen coyotes in the auction. I didn't do as good as I had hoped but didn't do bad either. My average was down a bit from last year but I did have a couple poor quality furs in the bunch. My high was $121.00 and 5 of my coyotes brought that sum. My low was $17.00 and well the way I feel about that is 17 bucks was better than tossing it out in the trash.
My take is about $100.00 shy of $1,000.00 for the 12 coyotes I sent and that includes $40.00 for the one badger I sent.
Last years check went to finance a new range finder that I am quite pleased with, it a Swarovski. This years check will go to upgrade my scope. I ordered the Bushnell 6-20x50 with the G-2 reticle.
Also built two new rifles for the job. A 22-250 Ackley with 27" length 9" twist barrel and for really long range shooting a 6.5x06 Ackley 28" length with 1/10" twist.
The 22/250 is getting 3440 fps from a 70gn boat tail I am swaging and the 6.5x06 Ackley is getting 3690 fps from the 100gn Hornady A-Max I settled on.
Cant wait for the first day of fall to start the new season.
Happy huntin all you varminators.

Last edited:
Nicely done! Ran a $108 U.S. average on the last 5 I had there. With a bit of bonus money from some rats, beavers and foxes selling. This check is going to buy me a dozen power RAMS, dozen LDL mag 220's and get my bear skull beatle cleaned. Unfortunately last year most of my fur money went to paying down student loans and most of it this year went to paying down my truck. I think next year I should start saving for a sled LOL

Back