APF 22-250 AR10

mnglockguy

I was in Alex Pro Firearms( a newer AR manufacturer) today and they let me test shoot their new 22-250 in ar10. I have to say it was the smoothest shooting AR I have shot! Sounds like they are hoping to have these shipping in August which gives me plenty of time to get one ready for the upcoming coyote season!!!

Originally Posted By: mnglockguyI was in Alex Pro Firearms( a newer AR manufacturer) today and they let me test shoot their new 22-250 in ar10. I have to say it was the smoothest shooting AR I have shot! Sounds like they are hoping to have these shipping in August which gives me plenty of time to get one ready for the upcoming coyote season!!!

Hi Alex...
smile.gif
Quite the first post. Folks here would love to have you as a sponsor.

The 22-250 in a LAR 10 is not a new concept. I built my first one 3 years ago. I have the barrels for sale on my web site.

I know there are barrels out there but no one is making a functioning complete rifle from the factory. These guys do everything in house except the barrels which they get from ER Shaw. They have a really big following in Minnesota and the surrounding states.

They have it on there website. From what I have read it never worked all that well its also on a proprietary lower. This APF is on the Lr-308 pattern so anyone who just wants an upper and has an old DPMS lower or something laying around can buy one and they are good to go.

The Olympic arms umar 22-250 works great at least mine dose it is on a ar 15 lower that they make in house it is opened up so the longer round will cycle through the lower the bad stuff I have found on the web was all put on there by one guy that got a bad gun but olympic arms took care of him how heavy is that ar 10 you shot all the ar10 I've had in my hands were too heavy for my liking for a calling gun

It was heavier like most ar10s but i dont think it is over 10lbs. Im not overly concerned with weight on something like this as i have a lw ar15 that i use when I'm walking. Having no 1st had experience with the umar i can only go off what i have heard from guys i know that have bought them.

The guys I know with them have had zero problems. They also will take a normal AR15 upper, just have to switch out the mag release, that comes with it from the factory. These guys use 45grn. to 55grn. factory ammo with good groups.

Back