22x6.8 upper headed my way. // PIC ADDED //

I am set on shooting the 75gr AMax or the 77gr Tipped Match Kings from my new 22 Dti.
Both seem to group really well but now trying to find the optimum powder for top speed..... So far 4 powders with N530 looking most promising.

Originally Posted By: BOBTAILSOriginally Posted By: GLShooterWell did it shoot????

Greg

Works been crazy, I hope to find out saturday.

Work? I had a job once. Right up until they told me I was too old and walked me out the front door of a Federal prison after 22 years.

Greg

Originally Posted By: BOBTAILSOriginally Posted By: GLShooterWell did it shoot????

Greg

Works been crazy, I hope to find out saturday.

You had a typo, didn't you mean find out "SOMEDAY"
smile.gif

Summer has been crazy busy here also but you can send it here and I will find a way to shoot it as soon as I get it. I just want to help.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: BOBTAILSGonna get her shot tomorrow then maybe I'll paint her up, get rid of that shiny barrel and make her blend in!!

Uh....

Did you say paint?

thumbup1.gif

Yep paint as soon as I get her shot. Wasn't able to still was camping this weekend and then radiator went out on my truck.

Still tinkering but it looks like with a 22 inch barrel and 75gr bullets 3000fps is about where it tops out unless you are OK with one firing on the brass. Rob, I would suspect that with your 20 inch barrel that is close to where you will be with 69 gr pills.
24 inch barrel makes it perform better and you can get within 150 fps give or take of the fast twist 22-250. But then if you are going to run 24 inch barrel and a Suppressor that gets a little too much.

I was hoping for more but I guess the 22 Creedmoor spoiled me a little.
cool.gif

The cartridge being discussed by the OP is a true 22X6.8 chambering that was built by a sponsor here. It does not share the same chambering or barrel design of any other cartridge on the market. Operationally it's performance envelope is different than any other cartidge available at this time.

Commonalities of the 22X6.8, as built by Ritch, and any other 6.8 variant stop and start with the parent case. It's wide spread use has proven the efficacy of the round in the field. I look forward to seeing how this particular rifle performs.

Greg

I finally got my shot yesterday. I got it zeroed at 100 yards. I am going back out this friday at first light to test loads as it got way to hot to further test yesterday when I was out. But its gonna be a shooter!!

Originally Posted By: 5spd^^^ Dang I was wondering if you were ever going to get out & pull the trigger.

I was begining to wonder too, I was commiting a cardinal sin!!

Finally got to shoot for some groups. Several showed potential and I'm headed out again in morning to try them again and some others

Yup 29 & 29.5 RL15 look good.
Do you have any h335 to try?
You must be shaking or swatting at mosquitos on all the other groups.

Back