Summer coyote down !

Pa. Mick

Summer coyote down ! 28 lb. female

This being the first time I have tried calling after early April I must say despite what I thought, it's still very challenging .

When choosing calling times I have been trying different times in our 24 hour day to be out.

After many blank sets I was excited to hear the barking coming from the far side of the field I was setting up on to start the night, 12:50 a m. Just happened to be the first place I ever tried coyote hunting. My buddy Jim and I called one in that night too many moons ago. Never fired a shot that first night !

After settling on my stool I started the baby bunny screaming . The response was immediate. I could soon see a couple sets of eyes galloping towards the Fury. About 100 yards out I turned the volume down and they stop. As soon as I light it up the 204 sends it. At the shot she spins and starts to run.......a few feet.

Finally I put my first summer coyote down !

null_zpsodfhdel3.jpg

Last edited:
That's the biggest pup I've ever seen. By a lot. Did you weigh it?
I'm guessing, by scale to you, 30 +. Our pups here aren't even half that big. The feet are really large and the muzzle sure does look grey for a pup.

Last edited:
Ya, if the teeth are more than needles that may have been at least a year old dog, or a pup that happened to have it's den right in front of a bunny colony.

Doesn't matter, Great work and nice job.

way to go PA. MICK good shooting. guess I better go out and get another. do you do any howling down there? howls have been working for me, mixed with lip squeaks
don

Surprising to me i haven't had any success with howling. Not knowing what to expect hunting warmer weather i have been trying different things with not much success ( that i have seen ). Figured i would have hard chargers protecting dens and territories and I'm just not getting those responses.

Back