To build, or not to build, that is the question...

moonshine44

I have a bit of a dilemma. My lovely bride has decided that for Father's Day, I can buy myself a new gun. However, I really haven't seen anything out in the wide world of firearms that I just can't live without. On the other hand, I mentioned building a new AR, and she told me to get the parts ordered. My first impulse was, "Grendel, here I come!" But after further review I can't decide whether I should build myself a new AR in 6.5 Grendel/.264 LBC, or do some tinkering with some of my other guns instead. You know, new scope here, new goodies there, that sort of thing. I had almost come to the conclusion that I really don't need to build another AR, right up until I wandered into the AR forum here again, and the Grendel bug reared its ugly head once more...

What's a boy to do?
frown.gif

My biggest curse is a habit to buy or build more and more rifles, then tolerate a lesser model of scope on top than the one I really want for WAY TOO LONG - or worse, scavenge a scope off of another rifle and play musical chairs. So I end up with more "ideal rifles" than I have in "ideal scopes," so I have even less "ideal rigs" put together. Sometimes that's OK, sometimes it's an imperfection that gnaws at the very core of my existence. So, it might be worth considering "optimizing" some of your rigs that might not be exactly how you want them.

BUT... On the other hand... Since this is a gift/special occasion, it's a lot more satisfying to get a new complete rig, rather than just closing an inequity on an old rig.

Build the Grendel. Don't pass the chance to build one just the way you want it. Do it. DO it. DO IT! DO IT, NOW!!!!

Then tell us what you did and post pictures when it's done. You can fix up your other rigs later.

Okay, you guys talked me into it...

What a bunch of enablers we have around here. You should all be very ashamed of yourselves. Now you're going to have to tolerate all of my dumb questions as the build progresses...
laugh.gif

Most of us that have built up one, have done a few more since..
Commonly referred to as BRD, black rifle disease
cool.gif

There's a whole PM thread on how many is too many ?
Let us know how it goes..

Back