Varmint Hunters Asso, out of Business??

I was a life member since 91 or 92. I have every issue of the magazine except 1,2, and 3. I'm gonna miss the magazine. It was the only subscription I had left.

It seems like magazines in general are getting a bit 'yesterday'. What I mean is why not just read off the net?

Then it would seem the average clientele of the VHA has gotten on the aged side. Even when I try to trim back subscriptions I may renew when I get that $10 offer with a free 'gift'. I admit, magazines do still have a place, besides the restroom.

Then they say, just re-read that magazine collection after 6 months, it will all seem new again anyway. I have a pretty good supply of old magazines and do read again at times. Often an article that didn't seem interesting before may be of use now, since now you own that particular chambering.

Bummer. So now what happens with the nice range and the matches that used to go on? We drove by every year on the way to pdoggin, and would stop if they were open (not much because our travel through there was early AM or late evening.

Great folks and a shame to lose the VHA.

HM

all I get is:

"Service Temporarily Unavailable ... Web Server at varminthunter.org"

gonna miss their wonderful photography, and articles !

The magazine was getting better and better as members were making lots of contributions. I wonder if the Govm't shut them down. They had a HUGE number of advertisers...hard to believe they just shut down.

I like the VHA and its magazine pretty well for the most part. I didn't renew my membership when I discovered that as an association they support the banning of poisoning colony rodents. Not only could that be disastrous for some in the ag community, but it also aligns with the agenda of several extremist nature/wildlife groups.

This is not good. I remember in the nineties I was getting heavier into Varmint hunting and this was the go to Magazine to learn things from. But alas, the internet is probably the demise of many magazines. Sponsors can only support so many things. Newbies can learn a lot right here, and folks can submit their stories here, where as they cannot all submit to a magazine.
But I still want to be able to pick up a magazine and read about new found techniques, or new cartridges. Mis Management kills a lot of businesses.

Good question, I hope we find out someday, too. After spending almost six years in Japan I was really looking forward to connecting with these folks and getting to know Varmint Hunters in my area via this organization... I hope someone will buy their name and restart the Association.

one of the last issues had an article on the 257 Roberts if anyone has that and would like to sell it or send me the article please let me know thanks

When this kind of thing happens, the owner has usually over spent. I heard something along those lines.

They had a huge number of advertisers, member articles were good to great. Too bad someone does not buy the name and start it over.

I shot p. dogs for many years, and I am all for outlawing the poison. The entire wild life food chain flourishes on p. dogs, eagles, hawks, owls, coyotes, and so on and so forth.

Back