Floor mounted truck rack

Wallbass45

Is there a company that makes a Gun Rack for an AR that mounts in front of the seats mounted to the hump??
Like a Bracket mounted to the hump with a Aluminum/Delin block to fit the mag well so it lays up close to the seats with half on the driver side and the barrel on the passenger side.
Or would the be to hard on the Rifle??
I did find this but it wont work in my Edge: http://discretedefensesolutions.com/shop/vehicle-accessories/ar15-truck-console-mount/

Last edited:
This rack (made for floor mount) works great but was a bit difficult to mount in the limited space in a 2003 jeep wrangler as gearshift is in the way. Made a bracket to mount above gearshift and it works great; secures either AR or bolt guns and would mount easier on hump in P/U without console. Has Velcro straps to hold guns in place but I never use the straps since mine is mounted horizontally.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Rugged-Gear174-Removable-Floor-Mount-Compact-Gun-Rack/708836.uts

Regards,
hm

That's a nice setup hm, looks like you have all kinds of goodies stuffed in there ready to go.

Wallbass, I could send you a piece of white delrin that you could shape to fit into your magwell and screw to a piece of metal or wood and you could make your own if you are handy, and have a few power tools for woodworking. I got a bunch of it from an auction a couple years ago that I just use to play with on my lathe. Let me know I'll just give it to you.
I have a piece of delrin I use like you are saying to work on my ar rifles. So I wouldn't think it would damage it at all.

Originally Posted By: Eugene CanterburyThat's a nice setup hm, looks like you have all kinds of goodies stuffed in there ready to go.

Wallbass, I could send you a piece of white delrin that you could shape to fit into your magwell and screw to a piece of metal or wood and you could make your own if you are handy, and have a few power tools for woodworking. I got a bunch of it from an auction a couple years ago that I just use to play with on my lathe. Let me know I'll just give it to you.
I have a piece of delrin I use like you are saying to work on my ar rifles. So I wouldn't think it would damage it at all.

Well Thank You for that generous offer and if it turns out well I will post pics of it. I will send you my addy by IM Thanks again!

Sure thing. I just cut it with a compound miter saw to a close measurement, and then go from there. I'm sure you could use a router to finish the edges up as nice as you want to. Makes good bench blocks too.

Back