who is reloading 17 hornet?

Originally Posted By: crazyyoteSlickerthan,
Go to saubier.com, tons of info there on it. Good luck

You will find everything you want over there.

What Rifle did you get?

Accurate 2200 is working well for me. This seems to be one of the more readably available propellants that work great in the 17 HH - Data available on their website.
Three tenths of a grain under max with the AA 2200 seems to be the sweet spot for most, your milage may vary.

If you can find it Accurate 1680 & VIHTAVUORI N120 has been working well. Good luck with finding VIHTAVUORI N120. If you have it available by all means give it a try.

Lil gun working well for some. Lot to lot variations seem to be a big factor here. Personaly I would shy away from this one.

Last edited:
2200 is now all I use for my CZ527 in both the 20gr and 25gr bullets. It has shown the best velocity and accuracy in my gun. Tried lilgun, 1680, H335 and IMR4227.

Lot of data out their already for the 17 Hornady Hornet while learning about this cartridge don't over look the data for the 17 Ackley Hornet. By no means am I saying the data is exactly interchangeable though most everything that could be tried in the 17 H has already been put through the ringer in the 17 A H.

Short of some recent options for NTX bullets & AA 2200, most everything has been ran through the ringer in the 17 Hornet, 17 Ackley Hornet.

the most over looked options include heavier bullets 25 grain arguably may offer the best performance in terms of knock down power. H322 Has been my favorite propellant for the 25-grain bullets for higher velocity, lower pressure longer brass life.

Reduced loads for quieter target or hunting sessions. IMR Trail Boss reduced loads are worth a look in the 17 Hornet and most any other caliber out there.

Again this has been out there a while now; If you are reloading a 17 may i suggest you do yourself a favor and give a RCBS 16249 Gold Medal seat die a serious look. If you have a birthday coming up you may wish to put this on your midway shopping list.

http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/979403/...ington-fireball

Also see the link below by McPherson on the 17 Ackley hornet.

http://www.slideshare.net/enganche10/working-with-the-17-ackley-hornet-ml-mc-pherson

Back