advice on wide fov scope for coyote gun

Mr Benelli

Looking to build another coyote gun. looking for a wide field of view scope at 2x.

2-10-50 or 2.5 to 12 or higher power. So far I found a weaver 2.5-10x50 and bushnell elite 6500 2.5-16x50. Bushnell has a 42 feet FOV at 2.5x trying to stay under $700.00.

anyone know of any other scope? I want to stay away from Nikon due to the reticle not being mil dot. I just don't like the bdc. require SIDE FOCUS.

lately the coyotes have been real close and having trouble scoping them fast.

Last edited:
I don't know what it costs, but trijicon has what I believe is 2-10x56.

Never used it, but I can only imagine it's impressive. Sightron has the s TAC 2.5-17x56

Couple that probably deserve a good look

thanks for the info. I forgot to mention I using a clip on night vison behind it so ffp or trijicon won't work. trijocons' have great glass for the money.

Herasy, just heresy, you know that unless it is high noon with a cloudless sky you can't see anything out of a scope with a 20mm objective.

Looks like you are looking for a little more top end but I have to say I am pretty impressed with the Burris 2-7X35 Fullfield E1 I have on my lightweight AR. Its super clear, has a great FOV, pretty light and amazes me how fine the reticle appears on paper at 100yds. I am guessing the etched reticle has something to do with the sight picture. Took it out to 300yds Saturday and had no issues with the reticle on a 3" green dot target. I believe the Burris Predator Quest is the same scope with a little bling.

See what Camraland has(they are a sponsor, ask for discount) I got a 30mm Minox z5 2-10x50, demo, for around $300. Awesome scope, the z5 series is a best buy imho. P.S. the 1 inch and 40 is probably plenty.

I had a Weaver V3 on my 6x45 and the 1x on the scope had a FOV unlike any other scope I've ever owned. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a coyote scope that wants to keep shots under 200 yards.

Leupold 1.5-5 is what I just put on my deer rifle just because shots are fairly close (-100yds)
and I want to be able pick them up quicker.

If you have a budget of around 1000 dollars plus or minus two hundred dollars then think about the EOTech HS1 system which is night vision compatible.

It uses the wide field of view EXPS3-4 with the flip to the side G33 magnifier. For close up running coyotes it's your best option. You shoot with both eye's open and can follow the moving target better than any scope can do. And you can shoot out to 200 yards easily and if you can hold the system steady out to 600 meters.

Up close you flip the G33 magnifier out of the line of sight and to the side and for longer ranges you flip the G33 magnifier back into the line of sight. I think it only magnifies about 3x or less. But it really helps to see the Red Dots better. You can use this system in day light and adjust the red dot's intensity quite a bit and then there is another button on the side of the EXPS3-4 HWS that turns on the night vision settings so you can use your night vision setup. Both the day and night settings use multiple intensity settings for each day or night setup.

I'm sort of funds or I'd be getting a night vision head set like you have.

Check out the www.gofoxpro.com night hunting forums and see what SKYPUP uses for his night hunting adventures for hogs and coyotes down in Florida. He's got money to spend on toys and shares information about his IR and night Vision toys. He uses lots of night vision stuff from FLIR to PV14 etc.

Last edited:
I'm wondering what the Field of view in on your night vision clip on device. Is that clipped onto the rail or worn on a helmet on your head? I thought that some of the PV14 night vision equipment can be clipped on the rail or attached to a helmet and worn on the head for night hunting. I need to learn more about the night vision equipment and make more money.
smile.gif

Clipped in rear with monoloc. This way i can use gun from day to night.
Helmet is ir laser on gun.. fov is key at night.

yea the nightvision is a big money pit..never ends

I tried eotech with nv didnt like the buttons range and wobble of the pvs 14 3x magnifier

but fov was great.

Originally Posted By: WI3Der..I am pretty impressed with the Burris 2-7X35 Fullfield E1 I have on my lightweight AR. Its super clear, has a great FOV, pretty light ...

+1 ( have two Burris 2-7x 35mm FF-II BDC & love em, leave it on 2x most of the time )

Originally Posted By: Mr Benellithanks for the info. I forgot to mention I using a clip on night vison behind it so ffp or trijicon won't work. trijocons' have great glass for the money.

Mr. Benelli,

I am currently using the Bushnell Elite 6500 in 2.5x16x50mm with the behind the scope clip on (our Jackrabbit QA II) and it is probably the best performing one I have found to date. The side parallax adjustment enables very fine tuning and you can adjust the rear diopter to allow for no re-focus adjustments if you are using your night vision monocular for both scanning and shooting. We are also in process of proto-typing a very new radical Day/Night riflescope option that will significantly widen (basically double)the field of view available on most day scopes built today. Once we are finished with the experimental models and ready for production we will post their availability on this (and the night hunting forum). As you probably know already, the wider FOV scopes can significantly improve your target acquisition success which ultimately leads to improved hunting success. Kevin

Bushnell is a good deal. Hawke is coming out with a frontier any day to compete . I use the swarvo model on my ar15 2.5 -15x56 but u dont need to spend that much...over kill but nice. I have been using the 22 more and more because the cci standard is quiet and more coyotes keep coming. Plus it kerps the neighbors happy...

on my ruger 1022 i use a bsa 2-12x44 and it actually holds zero and great for 100 yard fields. Great fov.

keep us posted on that day/night scope seems interesting. I still believe in pvs 14 on rear vs thermal for certain areas. Need to confirm its not a german shepherd before i shoot. Plus, it takes 10 to 12 seconds to power up the thermal and thats way too long when i am scanning fields and not calling. Id rather put the money in the thermal scanner.. as you know the key is finding them first. Your videos are great keep them coming? How did the white phosphurus pvs14 work out?

Mr Benelli,

The white phosphor tubes are nice and the price has come down some on them since ITT got in the game. I like them better than the green but when that happens the Mfg companies want more of your hard earned $$ !! Kevin

Back