AR15 QUESTION

NDAR15MAN

Folks...Dicks sporting goods has the smith Wesson AR15 rifle on sale this week. I know there are better guns out there but for $ 622.00 it is a great deal. this gun has the front sight on it which I cannot use because when I put light on it the front sights for night hunting it blocks light and cannot see out of scope. I know i have tried it many times.
question... I am thinking about just cutting sight off and leaving about 1/4 steel on barrel at the base and put some buleing on it. WILL THIS WORK ? just want to make sure I will not have any issues. this is my night gun so not to worried about want it looks like. all the other AR15 Rifles are about 100.00 more with out front sight on that is why i want to cut it off. thanks. marty

Just drive the pin out, slide the sight off the front and replace it with a gas block.

My first AR had the front sight milled off by my gunsmith. Looked like crap.

So yeah, it can be done.

I've seen guys cut it off and then file it round, then cold blue it or paint it. But you could replace the thing for a $10 gasblock and save time. But I'm pretty sure there are ar15 rifles out there for cheaper than $622 that come like what you want without the work. Unless you are wanting the S&W name. Look at palmetto state or CDNN has sales every week. This is the slowest time of the year for gun sales, so now is the time to buy if you have the money.

Go look at rock river arms they have a 18% sale going on most uppers and on parts. This is really the slow season so companies just need to move stuff. You can put together some nice deals if you do a little searching online.

I have my Elusive Wildlife XL-250/green, varmint light mounted under the barrel on my AR. Works great there. Didn't have to remove or modify front sight that way.

have a 20" ar that i hacked sawed the front sight off down near the gas tube, squared of both areas with a file then hit it with a polish wheel on my dremel , then cold blued, looks good to me and better than it did before.

Back