A BEAR IS MY GUESS BUT I COULD BE WRONG?

randall729

This happened last week. I stepped outside for a break. The night was pitch black and barely a breeze if any. The smell of cow manure came and lingered for about five minutes, no more. Couldn't see a thing or didn't hear anything. Thinking a bear was real nearby. Anyone have ideas.?

I'm no bear hunter but "they" say a bear can smell like rotten meat that it buried at one time and dug up? I don't think the black bears in the U.P. really have the same habits as a grizzly bear? I wish I had my trail cam set up.

Originally Posted By: BOBTAILSStill confused as to why you think a bear was close by?? Am I the only one?

Nope...Do they smell like cow [beeep] or rotten meat.....???

Something was outside close by and then left after a few minutes and don't really have a clue. There was no wind to carry the smell from any farm.

Originally Posted By: randall729Maybe I should report this incident to the North American Wood Ape Conservacy and see what they think about it.?

no maybe about it.

Go to the zoo, walk by the bear pen, and see if that's what you smelled. They really don't smell like cow [beeep], but yeah I do know where you're coming from Randall, have had one circle me more than once sitting on stand, and you definitely know when they are there. In fact, when you know what they smell like, all of the hair on the back of your neck will stand straight up when you smell it in the dark, sitting 12 foot up a tree. Guaranteed!!

It'll also make the walk back to your truck in the dark, very very L...O...N...G!!!
lol.gif

Me and a friend walked back to a trout stream once. About a half mile through thick brush. Got to the stream and the bears had been there. The smell was there fresh. I was nervous about it. It wasn't cow S+++ though because of where we were fishing.

THE SKUNK APE:

Similar to the Pacific Northwest’s Bigfoot, 8-foot-tall, reeking of anything from rotten eggs to cow manure to its namesake mammal...

I know what you mean! I was at the coast in Oregon taking pics of my wife. When we got the film developed we could make out a sort of figure seemingly lurking in the background nearby. It's hard to tell with the shadows, but we think we may have gotten a bigfoot on film!

Real good way to lure in biggfoot. should let north american wood ape conservancy know how its done. also the bigfoot team on tv animal planet i think?

Back