My new 17-204 just came in

Coyotejunki

A couple of days ago my Rem 700, 17-204 with a #4 SS Lilja 1-8 twist came in. I had it cerracoated and fluted.I dropped it in a stock and went to the range. Using some older rounds from another 17-204 I had, I wanted to sight in and see how she grouped. She is wanting to shoot. I am glass bedding her tonight, and will take a trip to the range in a dya or so with some new reloads.

bW9PbGN.jpg

I4BwjP5l.jpg

I am still working on the stock. I need to checker it, but may do a little reshaping first. It came from Weinig, and was a 90% inlet out of English Walnut. Though that last 10% takes about 90% of the time.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: devildoggWow that is beautiful!!!!!! Where did u get the stock?

Yeah! Where did the stock come from?

It has been several years, though I think it was about 300 back then. The lady did tell me it turned out to be a better piece of wood after they started cutting it.

That's not bad at all, considering the quality piece of wood you received.. Super nice.. Keep us posted on your shooting results when you find the sweet spot.. Thanks.

I know some guys that have paid 2 to 3 thousand for a blank stock for a trap shooting gun out of English walnut so that was a great deal nice looking stock.

She is wanting to shoot. Top group is with 30 gr Hammets and shoot about 3/4" consistently, sometimes better. The bottom groups are with 30gr Golds and they shoot better. So far ~1/2" seem to be the norm at 100 yards. Think I'll load some more up with the 26.5grs of Varget and take them out to 300 or so since that is probably the farthest I'll ever shoot at a coyote. I am liking this Lilja barrel.

Nice English Walnut Coyotejunki. I would say your load development is looking real good. Have you ever tried Big Game or H414?
Very nice looking setup.

Originally Posted By: K22 Have you ever tried Big Game or H414?

I tried those powders in my last 17-204, but Varget gave me the best accuracy and was still able to get 4000 fps with the 30 gr bullets.

I've only tried a few loads in this rifle and only Varget so far.

Jumki Beautiful wood there, I see a fluor de list or at least a wraparound on the top part of the grip. Like some bespoke shotguns. NO diamonds on the forearm but maybe something with a curve to it. Good grouping too.

Back