lets see those boyds stocks!

ohihunter2014

looking to upgrade to a boyds stock for my new axis 223 and looking for pics. Im torn between thumbhole varmint and pro varmint or tacticool.

lets see this pics!
w00t.gif

Last edited:
Thumbhole vented sporter Savage 243win
Screenshot_2014-10-06-08-08-38-1-1_zpsz2t7xgwl.png

Pro varmint TC Omega
I don't like how big the grip area is on the varmint stock and switch out to the sporter thumbhole stock.
20141023_211107_zpswmdqbudw.jpg

image-21.jpg

Here's my pepper laminate thumbhole. I like it quite a bit but wish they would have had the pro-varmint for the Marlins when I got it. Prolly would have went with that one instead because the thumbhole is pretty inconvenient if I ever have to swap and take a left hand shot. One more thing is if you have smaller hand it might be a reach to the trigger. I like that it was almost a bit long for my hand because it helped me break my habit of wrapping my finger on the trigger. Very nice though otherwise!

Shelton

I just ordered mine this past Monday, they told me 14 working days. But it shipped Tuesday morning and now has been stuck in Comerce City, Colorado since yesterday. I've been watching the tracking online like its Christmas Eve....

Featherweight Thumbhole Camo

Varmint Thunbhole Royal

Classic AppleJack w/stipling

This one is from Stocky's Varmint Thumbhole Hornet

Tacticool/ProVarmint in Forest Camo:

"Lefty" Featherweight TH Forest Camo:

Prairie Hunter, Walnut:

They once made a run of unfinished stocks in the original
pattern for the Rem 788:

"Lefty" Classic:

I liked the original varmint stock prior to the thumbhole type that took over. I just cant stand the thumbhole stocks. I actually shortened the forearm on this one for my Vanguard 223 varmint.

I don't care for thumbhole stocks either! I just replaced one with a Boyds Pro Varmint. It feels much better to me!

Originally Posted By: CBHLefty stocks on right handed actions?????
confused.gif

Whats confusing about that? A lot of left handed people learned to shoot right hand bolt action rifles, so it's not uncommon at all like you want to make it seem.

I own several custom rifles built purposefully with a cheek piece on the bolt side as well as a bunch of other right handed action rifles without cheek pieces or cheek pieces that are ignored due to being on the wrong side of the stock.

There's not one left handed action in my safes, but I throw a baseball left handed and kick a football left footed and shoot a hand gun left handed. And I am totally left eyed dominant. Go figure.

And one thumbhole stock was all I needed or wanted for serious hunting purposes.

Originally Posted By: Winny FanOriginally Posted By: CBHLefty stocks on right handed actions?????
confused.gif

Whats confusing about that? A lot of left handed people learned to shoot right hand bolt action rifles, so it's not uncommon at all like you want to make it seem.

I own several custom rifles built purposefully with a cheek piece on the bolt side as well as a bunch of other right handed action rifles without cheek pieces or cheek pieces that are ignored due to being on the wrong side of the stock.

There's not one left handed action in my safes, but I throw a baseball left handed and kick a football left footed and shoot a hand gun left handed. And I am totally left eyed dominant. Go figure.

And one thumbhole stock was all I needed or wanted for serious hunting purposes.
Yeah...I am well aware that leftys shoot right hand guns. I just have never seen an actual left hand stock made for a right hand bolt action. Very cool.
I am almost as messed up as you are! I write, throw, hammer and eat left handed...but I'm right eye dominant and shoot guns and bows right handed!
tongue_smilie.gif

Originally Posted By: CBHOriginally Posted By: Winny FanOriginally Posted By: CBHLefty stocks on right handed actions?????
confused.gif

Yeah...I am well aware that leftys shoot right hand guns. I just have never seen an actual left hand stock made for a right hand bolt action. Very cool.
I am almost as messed up as you are! I write, throw, hammer and eat left handed...but I'm right eye dominant and shoot guns and bows right handed!
tongue_smilie.gif

I write and use a hammer left handed, and I eat with both hands.

Originally Posted By: Winny Fan

Guess it doesn't matter which hand you wipe with then, does it?

Originally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: Winny Fan

Guess it doesn't matter which hand you wipe with then, does it?

I've never really thought about it before. Can I get back with you early to mid morning tomorrow?

Back