Scope Rings

Originally Posted By: DesertRamOriginally Posted By: SenderoManPutting together my first AR. Why doesn't everyone just use a regular set of scope rings with a cross bolt for the picatinny rail? Weaver, Tasco, EGW, Seekins, Badger?

Because it's harder to get the scope high enough and far enough forward for best placement with standard rings. The cantilever models put the scope right there where it's easiest to use.

Yup! I would always recommend a customer purchase a scope mount designed for an AR15 versus trying to use a riser and bolt action rings. All of my personal AR15's have cantilevered scope mounts, as do all of our employees. There's a reason they were designed.

So, on my next build I'm going with an AADMOUNT by aadland engineering. My buddy has one and for the money it seems top notch. Fairly expensive but for the options I was very impressed. I only mentioned it because its a mount I had not seen before and I don't believe they are very well known.

So a buddy of mine got the p223 mounts the other day and we tried to put them on last night, and they would not fit on to the rail, tried on his gun, his brothers bushmaster, and even my gun. It would not fit on any of them. any ideas?

Back