Let he who is without sin.....

jf1073

cast the first 55 grain Hornaday.

For nearly a century, this "hill" has been known in my family as Otto's mountain as my great grandfather used to go up there to pray and meditate. As for me.......I go there to cleanse sin by washing a new firearm in the baptismal blood of a carnivore who let her panties down

It was as good a night for it as the sweltering summer can offer. Temps sinking in to the low 90's and quite possibly high 80's with negligible winds at or below 3 mph. I began with a pup howl for all of 30 seconds then waited for a few minutes at which point I cranked up different jackrabbit sounds and varying volumes for about 5 minutes before another lengthy pause. Then, based on what my eyes and reading glasses have dictated unto me I set off some red fox distress. Within less than a minute I shut it off as it just didn't sound right. While letting minutes elapse I played with my new scope and panned around toying with different magnifications all the while moving like a fly stuck in molasses.
Finally, the death bell tolled after about 8 minutes of fawn distress which I began at less than half volume and gradually increased. The yote came in lethargically, under no stress or angst and went down in a heap...with even less worries.
Don't worry be happy right? Someone used to sing that.

This is the view from the demised to my position which was up under the highest tree you see in the pic.
Gun was my new T/C Venture Predator in 22-250 with a Nikon Pro-staff 3-9 on it. Winning shot was made on a 6 power.
It took me three stands to get it wet...............one stand and a miss, one dry stand, and one with a little help from above.

HOMnomination_zpskztnelgn.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
What better place to break in your new rifle than on old family ground? Congratulations.

Regards,
hm

Awe yeah!!! Bustin that cherry on a new stick... I have a few areas I go to "cleanse sin" as well... Problem is that I keep sinning
w00t.gif

You satisfied with the new rifle thus far?

Yesterday I was bustin paper plates on trees at 400 yards. This was only my second trigger pull on game with it...........and yes I am very satisfied. Even the more so as this was one of two prime spots I had in mind for a weapon with more "range" on it when I made the purchase.

Congrats on the new rifle and taking the dog. Sounds like your great grandpa new how to pick his spots. Looks like a beautiful view from there. I'm sure he was watching.

Back