AR Buttstock for predator hunting

Remingtonman

I was wondering what the best & most comfortable AR buttstock would be to get for a coyote hunting/target shooting type setup? Give me your opinions out there. thanks for any info

I use a collapsible stock on all mine so that I can adjust it for the amount of clothing I have on. Most of mine are Magpul stocks.

My buddy recently bought a Daniel Defense rifle. Their furniture is some of the most comfortable I've handled. Their but stock locks up very tight with no slop. We compared it to his Magpul, and it ain't even close. The DD stock locks up 100 percent tighter and has a great feel. My next build will have DD furniture including handguard, stock and grip. Just my opinion.

The Magpul UBR butt stock locks up tight as can be. I little pricey but it's solid. Slightly heavy but you can remove the storage covers and lighten it up by several ounces. It looks better without these covers anyway. Sometimes Midway will have these on sale at 50.00 off or look on fleabay. I have these on all of my ARs. These really offer a solid cheek weld with presets. Grizz

I prefer collapsible stocks for hunting, just that much easier getting in and out of the truck. I have a couple A2's and a PRS on rifles, but prefer carbine stocks. Very happy with Magpul UBR, ACS, and CTR.

I have switched all of mine to the Magpul ACS-L...... Light, tight, quiet, usable cheek weld and postion lock.

Also has a small battery compartment and choice of butt pad thickness.

https://www.magpul.com/products/buttstocks

I like the Limbsaver pad on mine also.

http://www.limbsaver.com/product/magpul-carbine-stock-recoil-pad-2/

Y7fkVCs.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: RemingtonmanThanks for all the info. Next question is do I want a milspec or commercial buffer hardware kit?
The Magpul UBR comes with it's own tube.

And my MOE SL is very stiff on the buffer tube, almost to tight.
Hope it will free up some over time. Will still choose it on next go..
(not if, but when,, (deeper & deeper))

Originally Posted By: RemingtonmanThanks for all the info. Next question is do I want a milspec or commercial buffer hardware kit?

That is personal preference. I go mil-spec on everything.

Back