22x6.8 upper headed my way. // PIC ADDED //

BOBTAILS

Just got word from Ritch Johnson that my 22x6.8 upper is headed my way today! I have my lower built all waiting for it. Should be shooting it next wekend!!

Last edited:
Congratulations. Ritch says it runs like a sewing machine. H didn't specify if he meant a treadle or a Bernina 880. I suspect the later not the former.

Pictures of course!!

Greg

Now you have really fallen, once you get that 22x6.8 you will have to have it in 25,
6mm & 30 cal!
What twist will it be in??

My 22 is a 8 twist, 20" thread so I can run it suppressed.
I already have a DTI to fill the 6mm slot, but I may need a 25. I've never had anything in a quarter bore.

I have been giving serious thought to a 22x6.8, but am also giving the same consideration to the 6mm version. And no, I won't get both.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: CoyotejunkiI have been giving serious thought to a 22x6.8, but am also giving the same consideration to the 6mm version. And no, I won't get both.
smile.gif

You might want to give some love to the 20, 25 or 6.5. That will balance the budget out. Well if $0.00 is balanced anyway.
w00t.gif

Greg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: CoyotejunkiI have been giving serious thought to a 22x6.8, but am also giving the same consideration to the 6mm version. And no, I won't get both.
smile.gif

You might want to give some love to the 20, 25 or 6.5. That will balance the budget out. Well if $0.00 is balanced anyway.
w00t.gif

Greg

I have 2-20 Practical BHW uppers presently and am considering trading one for the 6x6.8. Or selling it and ordering the 6mm.

Congrats, I'll be looking forward to hearing how you like the 22x6.8.

One with a 22" barrel is gonna have to be my next rifle. My 6x6.8 needs a little brother! Haha

Originally Posted By: CoyotejunkiOriginally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: CoyotejunkiI have been giving serious thought to a 22x6.8, but am also giving the same consideration to the 6mm version. And no, I won't get both.
smile.gif

w00t.gif

Greg

I have 2-20 Practical BHW uppers presently and am considering trading one for the 6x6.8. Or selling it and ordering the 6mm.

Let me know when you want to sell it. I have a 6 x 6.8 upper and have been thinking about a 20 practical upper. I need to fill my small caliber niche since I got rid of my 17-204.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GLShooterOh boy!! I'm hoping it's a hummer.

Greg

Knowing the guy that put it together I'm betting it will be!
thumbup1.gif
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: BOBTAILSOriginally Posted By: GLShooterOh boy!! I'm hoping it's a hummer.

Greg

Knowing the guy that put it together I'm betting it will be!
thumbup1.gif
thumbup1.gif

I'm North of twenty now and they sure helps to nail it!! Pun intended.

Greg

BOBTAILS give me some info on your weapon.
Barrel length, twist, Rifle Gas length? You shoot suppressed so do you use adjustable gas block or run it with whats on it?

Originally Posted By: BOBTAILSMy 22 is a 8 twist, 20" thread so I can run it suppressed.
I already have a DTI to fill the 6mm slot, but I may need a 25. I've never had anything in a quarter bore.
What main bullet is planned with the 8 twist?

Back