Costco

Stu Farish

Director / Webmaster
Staff member
we have a new costco that is opening here tomorrow. A newspaper report claims that in order to buy a membership you have to sign an agreement that you won't carry a gun on the property.

I'm going to find out if that's true. I don't have any need for a membership if it is. And really not that much even if it isn't LOL

Costco has always been anti gun. Part of that agreement probably stems from the shooting of a ccw holder here in Vegas where the security footage miraculously disappeared and or equipment malfunctioned around the time of the ccw holder was killed by police.

in this case here in AZ they had open carry in the local store.

I do love their Rotisserie Chicken for $5

I get two on Fridays.

One to eat that night, the other for a sat special..

pre heat oven to 350

get one small packet of cream cheese and spread evenly across the pan bottom.
I then debone and shred one costco chicken and put all the meat in a bowl, add finely chopped celery and carrots, then add as much franks red hot wing sauce to your taste,(like dressing a salad)
Then sprinkle some blue cheese dressing on top.

cook in the oven for 30 min and use freito scoops to eat it.. Trust me it's good.

I have a sams membership, I dunno what a costco will do for me that's worth another $55 / year (sams is a bit less)

Years ago I had a Costco membership but now I have a sams membership. The stores are the same thing, they just carry different brands.

I have always found Sams to be a big version of Walmart, and have about the same kind of people working in it.

I have found that Costco has employee's that are not morons. The Customer service is 100 times better, and the products are better quality and no hassles to take something back.

I get the executive membership and haven't had to pay a dime for my membership since i first signed up. I get so much back on everything i buy, and that rebate check covers the cost of membership for years.

I typically only buy TP, papertowels, water, laudry and dish detergent, zip locks and some food items like frozen chicken and shrimp. rotissary chicken is just a bonus. There are things in there that are a good deal, and half is not.. But it's just one more store that i shop at since it's close to me and i like the quality and return policy.

Originally Posted By: Stu FarishSuch policy means nothing in AL when it comes to permitted concealed carriers.

NV is the same way. But if they ask you to leave you better leave or face criminal trespass.

if it's concealed, they have no reason to ask you to leave to start with.

I'm willing to give them a try, but not if I have to sign any gun ban agreement

I've been a member for 26 yes, it was a perk at work and kept a membership after retiring. I just renewed my card two days ago, did some shopping and had $1.50 polish & pop for lunch. I've never had to sign a contract and have never noticed a "No Firearms" sign at the entrance. I had Leafguard gutters put on the house through costco and it saved me about $3000.

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishif it's concealed, they have no reason to ask you to leave to start with.

Provided you are conscientious enough to conceal properly and don't print.

I was at a burger joint with the wife one day after shooting at the range. A groups walked in and one of the guys was printing something terrible. I leaned over quietly and told him he was printing. The look on his face was as if I was speaking Arabic. I leaned over and told him again that he was printing. His face then looked as if I had called his girlfriend is a whore. At that point I just gave up. If I am accidentally printing, it would be greatly appreciated if someone would have told me so in a quiet respectful and inconspicuous manner.
I believe that was what causes the man here in the Costco to get killed among other things. He was printing and someone noticed and freaked out! Just my opinion. There seems to be a lot about this case that hasn't been brought to light.

Wife and I have been members for years...through special discount from Costco given to her local gov't office's employees. Never had to sign any agreement regarding firearms, and the local Costco has no signage on entrances regarding firearms.....I'm carrying every time I enter the store! The mall that the Costco store is attached does have "no weapons" signage on their entrance doors, which I completely ignore. You see more "fag bags" and "max purses" in that mall than you can shake a stick at, and have never heard of security ever hassling a ccw holder.
Costco is decidedly anti gun from their corporate stance! They are also MAJOR liberal-democrap party supporters! However, they do carry good products at fair prices, and their customer service and return policy is second to none. It would be cutting my nose off to spite my face to not take advantage of that given the very low cost of our membership!
YMMV...
F1

so nothing about it at costco. just a std membership form, if it had a word on it about guns I didn't find it. I asked about this news paper report & they didn't know anything about it. I did not see any signs posted.

I've seen several folks "open carry" in the Costco here in north Ga. From their looks, they weren't current LE either. Didn't seem to be a problem, that I know about. I'm retired LE and always carry, but always concealed.

Their gas is the same price as sams. Sams has a sign that can be seen from the interstate with the prices on it, costco doesn't yet.

I have more payment options at the sams pumps than costco but neither can take cash.

basic membership at costco is $55, executive is $110. The $110 gets 2% cash back but not on everything. Gas doesn't count. It takes spending a bit over $5000 to the the $110 back, or if comparing to the basic, about $2500 to just make up the $55 difference.

costco has propane refills that look cheap, if I understand the sign right it's $7.69 to fill an empty 20 gallon tank. I'll take one today & find out for sure, but if that's right it's less than 1/2 of what it costs to exchange a tank anywhere else around here.

I'm not buying one right now, but they have what looks to be a good deal on a dual fuel generator. 9000 watts peak, portable, runs on gasoline & propane, $650. I figure if/when I buy one, I want one that runs on propane or maybe can be converted to LNG & just hooked up to the house lines.

For shopping, Sam's currently takes cash, debit, mastercard & discover. Costco takes cash, debit & american express, but are reported to be adding visa credit cards next spring.

Inventories are largely similar but with differences. Costco has a LOT more fresh/organic produce.

Back