moles tearing up my yard

Tim Neitzke

I've had a mole in my yard off an on for a month!!
That little sucker has been avoiding my trap the whole time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
Today I declared war. kicking in it's tunnels, so I could check for activity. I got out my new toy, a Springfield Armory 4" XD in 40 S&W . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
On the way too the garage I noticed some fresh dirt! Stopping to load a round, I could see the earth moving.
Bang!!! No more movement. A quick scoop with the shovel and out pops a bleeding mole!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
It was a good day! The new 40 XD has earned its keep.
Tim LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

ROFL. what was the terminal damage. I personally would have been afraid of going after a mole with a 40. Did you not have a 44 mag available.

The mole was in good condition, I'm having a rug made. lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
40 S&W 180gr.hollow point.
My range finder, Made by Craftsman, read 1 yard!! WHAT A SHOT!!!!!!!
All I need is a sponser and I can go BIG TIME!! lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
Tim

Dang I've been trying to get one for a few weeks myself but we live in city limits. Maybe I'll stalk it with my bow? LOL

Maybe we should recruit some help from the hound forum. I had a Walker coon hound that would track em. But she had to hold one at bay for to long before I could get there and I lost her.

For those of you who are in the limits and your options are limited:

Take some small pcs of pvc pipe and drive them in the ground, leave enough exposed so as to clear the grass, the wind blowing acrossed the top of the pvc creates a hum/vibration that they do not like. You can even drill some holes through the sides if it tickles your fancy. The neighbors may not appreciate you but now it's their problem. Maybe you could sell them your setup. Cheapest mole be gone device I have found.

My range finder, Made by Craftsman, read 1 yard!! WHAT A SHOT!!!!!!!
All I need is a sponser and I can go BIG TIME!! lol
Tim

Thats a small rug!! Maybe you could line your drink coaster with it.LOL

Thats funny stuff! I've also heard the yard ornaments with the skinny little metal stake & the propellers turned by the wind will drive them away. Never tried it to see.

I have problem with moles and gophers as well, Fortunately I live waaaay out of town and can shoot them at will. Fun stuff. Whacking those things works for a quick fix until I can get back to the dog town.

Check out this, I am getting one for work. Rodenator if my link doesn't work. It sure looks like a lot of fun. rodenator

A.G. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

That would an eastern mole. They're smarter than western moles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Glad to hear the 40 was light on fur damage.

Quote:
Pee in a coffee can all day that evening go pour it in the main holes they will be gone the next morning. I promise.

Arkansas frog

Yeah and so will 1/2 the grass LOL Come on frog....is that just an Arkansas thing or does it really work?

had 3 of them in my yard so i sat out early one morning and kabobed them with my bow when i saw them moving cant shoot with a firearm here them dang town rules gota hate them

in tulsa, my lawn intermittently has moles. it is fescue, so the human pee is a no-go. human pee does work for the bermuda side, without burning it up.

i live in the city limits, and have the gamo silver shadow .177 (city varmints popper. very little sound, and a ton of fun) BUT- i have never seen a mole move under, or above ground. if you KILL THE GRUBS, the moles WILL leave. you will spend a pretty penny on the chemicals, but once the grubs are gone, the moles will be gone w/in a week. the stuff is worth it's weight in gold if you want a good, mole free lawn. you will need to re-apply every 1-2 months.

illegal/banned chemicals are best if you can get your hands on them.

bruha

"if you KILL THE GRUBS, the moles WILL leave"

Not necessarily. Moles primary food is earthworms. You would have to kill them too, which wouldn't be too good for your lawn.

Back