I'm done with Waffle House

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: PredburnerAre you boycotting all banks too.....???

And the Post Office and the courthouse too?
grin.gif

I don't go to the too big to fail banks, I use USAA, and they don't make me leave me gun at home. Course i don't have to go to a bank anymore since i use them..
Matter of fact, if you can in any get an account with USAA, i would suggest switching, you will wonder why you waited so long.

I would rather get a root canal than go to the post office. There is an ACE hardware store here, and it has a post office window when i have to. I can carry in there.

I find it interesting that the federal government requires id to enter a court house and going through a metal detector.. Yet think it's unfair to require an ID to vote. These two should match, one way or another. I kind of get not wanting people in the court house to have a gun..I have never been more upset in my life than when i was in a court house. But, i would guess like most here, we don't go to the court unless required.

Last edited:
In Texas this signage must very specific:

Quote:In Texas there are two different signs that restrict a concealed handgun license holder from carrying into a place of business. They are a 30.06 sign, and a 51% sign.

A 30.06 sign is a sign that a business owner can post to restrict a CHL holder from entering the business with a concealed handgun. The sign must contain the exact words required by Section 30.06 in both English and Spanish, be placed in an area visible to the public, and have 1" lettering or it will not be considered a legally-binding 30.06 sign. "Gunbuster" signs, or signs with a red slash through a gun, are not considered valid 30.06 postings.

A 51% sign is a sign that a business is required by law to post if 51% of their revenue is obtained through on-premises drinking, such as at a bar. Unfortunately this also has the consequence of not allowing CHL holders to enter the premises where the drinking is taking place while carrying their handgun.

3006Sign.jpg

51Sign.png

You rarely see them. A sign with that wording and 1 inch letter is pretty big.

Quote:Are you boycotting all banks too.....???
As far as I know there is no prohibition against carrying concealed in a bank in Texas.

Below is from the FAQ section of Georgia Carry.

Quote:: Can I carry at Applebee’s or [insert other restaurant here]?
A: SB308 does not prohibit carry for Georgia Weapons License holders in restaurants. However, individual restaurant owners have the option of asking you to leave their establishment if they do not wish for you to carry there. Should a business owner or his agent ask you to leave while you are carrying a firearm, do so immediately, or as soon as reasonably possible. Failure to leave within a reasonable time, or refusing to leave, is a criminal offense known as “criminal trespass.” In addition, please maintain a polite demeanor so as to project a good image of yourself and other GCO members to the business owner and any witnesses even when being asked to leave.

Q: Can I carry at a Bar?
A: HB60 decriminalized carrying in bars for Georgia Weapons License holders. However, individual bar owners have the option of asking you to leave their establishment if they do not wish for you to carry there. Should a business owner or his agent ask you to leave while you are carrying a firearm, do so immediately, or as soon as reasonably possible. Failure to leave within a reasonable time, or refusing to leave, is a criminal offense known as “criminal trespass.” In addition, please maintain a polite demeanor so as to project a good image of yourself and other GCO members to the business owner and any witnesses even when being asked to leave.

What this tells me is that I can ignore these stupid signs, but if caught doing so, I must leave the premises IF SO INSTRUCTED, lest I face criminal tresspass charges.

While this is all well and good and pretty much nullifies any meaningful legal penalty for violating them, I choose not to support businesses which do not support my interests.

I agree Kizmo. Let them know why you no longer want to use their services. I doub't that anything will change, but it may give them something to chew on.

Somewhere, I saw some business like cards which could be presented to management that made a statement to the effect that you would not patronize any business that prohibited ccw. It was worded much better, of course.

Regards
hm

Signage posted stating that legal concealed carry holders are welcome at this establishment will reduce the risk of violent crime at that location. Bad guys usually don't want to deal with places where good people might have guns. Especially not for cash register pocket change. JMHO

You would think that a business would welcome a natural deterrent
to crime occurring on their property. It would take a really stupid or
desperate criminal to walk into a business where a large number of
patrons might be armed. Duh

I think it's worth talking to the manager. If they confirm that yes, they posted it & yes, they don't want anyone with guns on the premises, just politely let them know that's fine & you & your family won't trouble them with your business again.

If they never get any feedback, they never have any reason to even consider changing their minds about it.

I did so in north Phoenix at a Walmart. It turned out that each store got to set their own policies regarding carry. This one had a fairly new manager & someone -they never did admit to who- had decided to post the sign. We had recently moved to the area & this was a regular store for us, the sign was new one week. Keep in mind that I had not even seen the sign coming in.

On entry some kid told me I couldn't carry my gun in. I said "Really? that's new. Can I speak to the manager?"

"As far as you're concerned, I AM the manager."

"If you insists, sure. But I will speak to the actual store manager at some point. If now isn't possible, when might I be able to do so? Under AZ law, open carry is legal"

"Well, I'm from Oklahoma & we don't carry guns there."

"Son, you're not in OK any more ;)"

The real manager wasn't in, after a bit the kid decided it would be ok, for now, and I should call back on monday to talk to the manager. I did so & that went like this:

"Hi. I came in with my wife & daughter saturday & was informed that I couldn't carry a sidearm in the store any more. This concerns me, as we've been regular Walmart shoppers for many years. i'd say 1/2 our household budget has been spent there. But I'm unwilling to leave a firearm in a parking lot & if this is the new policy I'd like to confirm that so we can shop somewhere else."

manager - "No sir, the sign was recently posted. I'm the new manager of the store. I called HQ and confirmed that it's not Walmart's policy, but at the discretion of the store managers. The sign has been removed and will not be reposted."

"Thank you."

had I not taken a few minutes to politely discuss it, that sign might still be up.

These cards were reported to have been presented on the Ruger Forum suggesting that you print a few to hand to store managers posting NO CCW signs:

And the back:

Regards,
hm

Wow Stu. I tried to give them feedback on the Waffle House website, but you have to put in so much personal info that it wasn't worth it to me. I get too much junk mail as it is. I've never seen anyone remotely resembling a manager there, but that's probably because I'm there in the wee hours of the morning.

hm1996, those cards are DA BOMB!

I'm curious if it's a company or store policy. Lots of places like this are privately owned franchises & they can have such policies that coporate has nothing to do with. With the law changes a year+ back, I've seen a few places -national chains such as mcdonalds & kangaroo express- that posted signs banning open carry (such signs have no legal bearing on concealed carriers here, they can't ban concealed carry) that are not on doors at other locations,making me think these are local owner/manager decisions, not dictated by the brand.

Back