Got Some 22DTi/6mmDTi/25DTi/6.5DTI Data Post Here

For those of you with 25DTI' do you fire form all your brass with low charges first? I was doing a ladder for my new upper and started to see some pressure signs and possibly coining of the brass (could be the bolt). Anyway after I got home and started looking at the primers I started to think that the pressures could have been higher because the neck was being pushed out. Any input?

Last edited:
I haven't, but I ruined brass in the beginning by loading too hot. Once I got the load down, it didn't matter much.

What is "coning"?

What brand of brass are you using?

Originally Posted By: SiringoI haven't, but I ruined brass in the beginning by loading too hot. Once I got the load down, it didn't matter much.

What is "coning"?

What brand of brass are you using?

Sorry, I meant coining, like having the ejector or some part of the bolt punch a shape in the back of the brass. I saw it on even the loads I made on the low end of the ladder. I loaded up a ladder of 90gr SGK's using H335 and TAC and it happened on both powders which made me wonder if it was because the brass wasn't fire formed yet.

Sierra GK's
COAL 2.19
TAC 28.5gr- 31g
H335 27.9-30.4g
Loaded in new SSA brass

According to Mike M. Fire formed cases will hold about 1 grain more powder. Might be prudent to cut back 1.0 to 1.5 gars to fire form from your max.

I have a quick load program and the case capacity default says 36.9 grains of H2O. My SSA cases averaged 35.7 grs and hornady was 34.0.

Using 35.7 as a base line for SSA cases, using 30.5 grains of TAC would yield 55 psi and 30.0 grains of H335 would be about the same. 55k psi is the default max (actually 54,998). Your max load with my case capacity pushes the pressure to 57k+.

If I used your max TAC load in a hornady case - pressure would be 65k. I measure the unformed cases at one time but have misplaced it. If I recall the unformed SSA case was very close to the formed hornady case.

I AM NOT AN EXPERT BY ANY MEANS ON QUICK LOAD.

Originally Posted By: SiringoRegarding 80 gr. Barnes - Loaded to 2.30" they are just too long and eat up too much powder space.

The 80gr TTSX at 2.295" works great in my 18" BHW 25x6.8, which is essentially the same cartridge. 3000fps is doable with a few different powders and doesn't trash the brass.

This link is my load data for the 25x6.8 and should be close enough to use as a reference for the 25DTI. Same warnings as always, start low, work up, different rifles/barrels/etc perform different, don't be stupid.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RlwOxmV3hukCFAmG7Ur1Q-MAevjoJCTlBAueTx0PKR8/pub

Wow! Great information. I have been curious about AA2200.

I should have check this out first before I commented, but I have no prior knowledge of the 25 x 6.8 by Black Hole. IF that cartridge is simply a necked down version of the 6.8, then the case capacity will be the same as an unfireformed 25 DTI -- which is 35 grains of H20. The vast majority of these loads are WAY overpressure.

Last edited:
It is a simple neck down. I haven't been getting any pressure signs other than some light primer crater and slight flattening. Like it says in the spreadsheet, some of the loads might be max and work your way up. They functioned safely in my rifle but not all of those are loads I will shoot everyday.

Not my picture, but the third from the left is the worst I've seen with my reloads and not commonly seen. The BHW poly rifling is known to reduce pressures across the board. I have reloaded hot loads up to 5x in the sane brass with no issues.

wpid-photo-jun-4-2013-1018-pm1.jpg

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, has anyone tried the 87gr TNT yet for the 25dti? I really wanted to try the 75 gr vmax but having a hard time finding any in stock

I've been working with my 25DTI using the Barnes 80 grain TTSX over H322 with a Remington 7 1/2 SRBR primer and have a one ragged hole @ 100 yards. Primers lightly flattened and no over pressure signs. I hope to chrono them within the next couple weeks.

Ended up with 3120 fps average.

Last edited:
30.5 grains H322. I have a 22" barrel and have been getting 2900-3100 fps during development. Some powders gave me the speed I needed, but not the accuracy.

Does anyone have information for the 6MM DTI shooting 65 grain V-Max? I've heard Benchmark is good with these but I have not seen anything about this particular bullet.

Originally Posted By: SiringoAnyone tried AR-Comp yet in the 25 DTI?

I've been thinking about trying it for heavier bullets. It is a reformulated RL15 and supposed to burn faster, more like Varget. I tried RL15 and it was way too slow.

What is a DTi? Rifle and or Cartridge? Sounds interesting don't know anything about them. So an education would be nice. The only stupid question is the one not asked?

Originally Posted By: rudymontanaWhat is a DTi? Rifle and or Cartridge? Sounds interesting don't know anything about them. So an education would be nice. The only stupid question is the one not asked?

A series of wildcat cartridges based on a necked down 6.8SPC case, by a company called DTI.

Some 25x6.8 loads with Leverevolution in an 18" BHW barrel. Federal cases with Wolf primers (NCSRM). Rounds are loaded 1.846" length to ogive with a cutout magazine to allow the length.

100NBT (~2.34" oal)
30gr 2730 fps
30.5gr 2769 fps
31gr 2789 fps 31.5gr
2864 fps (slightly compressed)
32gr 2894 fps (max case fill with this bullet)

100 Hornady Interlock (~2.30" oal)
30gr 2734 fps
30.5gr 2780 fps
31gr 2821 fps
31.5gr 2871 fps (max)
32gr 2966 fps (over max)

100 Speer SP (~2.25" oal)
30gr 2754 fps
30.5gr 2842 fps
31gr 2824 fps
31.5gr 2869 fps
32gr 2898 fps