mag tactical lower and cmc trigger

hope someone here can answer my question. will the pins supplied by ccm to capture the pins work with the mag tactical lower,the lower comes with extended pins? will the cmc screws work?

Last edited:

I just bought a CMC trigger from JoeBob's.
It came with pins and button head screws.
Tell us what a "mag tactical" lower is?
"will the cmc screws work?"
Mine scewed in the pins, YES.

Originally Posted By: willy1947

Funny you should mention that. I have a CMC in a rifle that came with pins and screws like yours. I was just on JoeBobs a minute ago pricing another CMC and their description says they do not use pins with screws.

As for the original question - I don't think the CMC supplied pins would work with a Mag Tac lower. They are long enough for a standard lower receiver but since the Mag Tac has the larger diameter pin areas for strength I doubt they would work. You might be able to use the Mag Tac pins with the CMC trigger, I don't see why that would cause a problem.

I would suggest calling Mag Tactical. They should be able to give you a definite yes or no answer.

Originally Posted By: willy1947

The Mag Tactical lowers have raised sections around the fire control group pins:

mag-tactical-systems-light-ar-lower-front.jpg

I'm not sure if they would work properly, as a person may need to get the extra wide CMC M&P 15-22Lower Receiver Pins that work with the S&W M&P 15-22 lower receivers.

The pins for this lower are longer! Contact MAG Tactical for the correct ones. I am putting together one right now and notice that the pins are about 1/8 of an inch long to accommodate the raised portions on the lower.

John

I have three Mag Tac lowers, YES, you need to use their (extended pins )doesn't
matter what trigger you use. use mag tec pins. hope this helps.

Back