AZ Coyote Hunt Locations?

I've been tracking some in 37A East of the I-10 still. They're moving between there and 37B, but they're not easily coaxed over. Trying to hunt 37A west of the 10 (Red Rock) has turned into a pain. Anyone know of any dairy/ cattle farms want coyotes dispatched? Or is North the way to go again?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Drop'emI've been tracking some in 37A East of the I-10 still. They're moving between there and 37B, but they're not easily coaxed over. Trying to hunt 37A west of the 10 (Red Rock) has turned into a pain. Anyone know of any dairy/ cattle farms want coyotes dispatched? Or is North the way to go again?

Welcome to Predator Masters. Since this thread is 5 years old, I'll just try and answer your request.

The area along the 37A/37B boundary (Florence Highway) is all good. It is just thick cover and mostly shotgun stands. I always thought the higher density of coyotes was within 1 mile of the Florence Highway (either side) due to the availability of road kills and wounded animals being a magnet for them.

If you want to go north of Red Rock and prefer areas more suitable for rifle stands, suggest taking Highway 87 toward Coolidge. Turn east off of Highway 87 on Houser Road. That will take you to Brady Pump Station Road. From there you can take the North Star Mine Road and travel all the way across to the Florence Highway. You can also go south on Brady Pump Station then follow the powerline and it will take you all the way around the base of Newman Peak. You can spend weeks out there and never see and call all of that public land. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Drop'emI was told by a warden that 37A is rifle but 31B is not.
Centerfire guns are allowed in Unit 37A and 37B. Unit 38M, which is the Tucson metro unit, is designated as a "Limited Weapon Shotgun Shooting Shot" area so centerfire guns are not allowed there. See Commission Order 13 on page 82-83 in the 2015-2016 AZ hunting regs.

Have plenty at my place.
smile.gif

I'm resurrecting this older than dirt thread [again] when I did a search for coyote in Arizona.
If/when any of you fellow Arizonans head out, please drop me a PM!
I'd love to meet up with you guys sometime to drop some predators.

Feel free to shoot me a PM!
I have my own gear, but am new to the sport/hobby of predator hunting. I moved to Arizona from Wisconsin about 8 mos. ago. I have my fishing/hunting license from AZ Game & Fish. I certainly don't need anyone's honey holes, super secret spots or GPS coordinates. Just interested in learning as much as I can from a few of your forum veterans and enjoying the outdoors.
smile.gif

Get out and do some hunting. As far as places to hunt coyotes in AZ, it might be harder to find a place without them. We had the PM convention in Tucson for two years and I'd take a week or so hunting my way to the convention, plus my wife likes to winter in NM so we travel and sight see through AZ. When we are traveling even with out a hunting license I go out in the morning while my wife sleeps in a little and call, it's just fun to call them in without killing them. The only place I haven't been in the state is NE of Phoenix. Kingman, Bullhead city, Wickenberg, Yuma, Tucson, Globe, Florence, Casa Grande, Benson, Douglas and everywhere in between all have callable coyotes. Get some public lands maps and go out.

Back