DPMS lr308

I'm thinking about getting one in the near future and was wondering if anyone here had any experience with one. I'm Looking at the lr308B model. Any thoughts, opinions, or experiences would be greatly appreciated!

I have a LR308 24" bull barrel. Tack driver out to 250-300 yards no problem. It's a little tub to carry on the shoulder but when I put crosshairs on 300 yards I know it kill. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Unless you were looking to swap barrels I can't see the point in buying a LR-308 when you could get a G2 for about the same $.

Thanks for the input. I know there are probably better options if I was planning on buying new but I happen to know someone who is willing to let the dpms go for a pretty decent price. Thanks again!

Got one with a 24" bbl. Took some workup with loads but easily sub moa. Shoots sub moa to 300 (as far as I have access to). Reliable but a bit heavy

I bought a dpms lr308 with the fluted 24 inch barrel about 5 years ago and it shot federal gold medal around a half inch. A lot of people complain about dpms quality issues or inaccuracy but that wasnt the case with mine. After i started reloading i came up with 42.8grains of varget and 168 matchkings and it was just as good as the federal load. I have no complaints about it except for it being a little heavy.

I had a 308B for several years, absolute tack driver but way to heavy for my taste. Sold it to my buddy who uses it as a range toy and he is still thrilled! Buy it, you'll like it.

About the same exact load mine shoots similarly well. Believe it or not the 165 sierra bt shot more consistently in mine. It is a bit on the heavy side fo sho.

Back