My new 6mm Creedmoor

Kingzero

I had a custom Savage in 260 that was the most accurate rifle I ever shot. I loved that rifle but it was still a Savage and after a while I wanted something more. I sold it and this is the end result.

Deviant S/A AW cut 
Bartlein 5R 8 twist @ 20 " in 6 Creedmoor 
XLR Element 
Timney 510 
Vortex PST for now

LRI did the barreled action, and the turn around was fast. (It would have been faster but the post office lost my s**t on the way to LRI.)

Nick at XLR was great to deal with.

Got my barrel and action from Greg at SPR (Bugholes)......super nice guy.

Did some shooting today and boy am I rusty. I haven't shot since September I think and it shows. Good thing practicing is fun. I tried 6 loads today from 40.5 to 43 grains of H4350 with 105 Amax's. I think my upper node is around 42.5 so I will load more in .2 grain increments from 42.2 to 42.8 and then play with seating depth.

I had some time till I had to get the kids from school so I decided to stretch it out. I loaded up a few at 42.5 and hit the desert. My chronograph gave me an average of 2960 that put me a half minute low at 517 yards. Corrected and shot this group.......just under 5" with the flyer. Corrected velocity is 2900 flat.

I haven't played with 6mm Creed but I do own a 6.5 Creedmoor. It's my go too rifle since I had it built. I really enjoy seeing all the different options you guys have south of our border.
Cheers
Muckwa

Originally Posted By: drumieI love your target in the 2nd pic. The spray paint stencil. Where did you get it?

I made it.

Originally Posted By: KingzeroOriginally Posted By: drumieI love your target in the 2nd pic. The spray paint stencil. Where did you get it?

I made it.

NICE!!!! I like it

Nice rifle. Better not let too many folks know about that stencil. It would make you an over night millionaire. Steeling them for a dollar each.

Very nice rifle and great performance from your loads...I will agree on getting rusty when away from frequent shooting...Maybe you just need a more powerful optic
tongue_smilie.gif
...I'm kidding....I thought you did really well...

I love my 6mm Creedmoor, in fact it is going to the range today. I've had my best luck with Berger 105 grain Hybrids and 41.5 grains of H4350. Gives me right at about 3070 fps and doesn't pound the brass too hard.

Im really liking the 6 creedmoor. It's trajectory is flatter than my 260 was, even with a 20" barrel. I want to try the 105 hybrids but need to find the time. Between work and family obligations it's hard to get behind a rifle.

I settled on 42.5 grains of H4350 for now. Brass life will dictate whether I back it down or not. I really want to poke a hole in a coyote with this thing. I may have a chance in July to deflate one.

Made a bastardized version of the CM this weekend, and was running it with IMR4451. Almost 48gr before I ran out of room in the case, but with an 87gr VMax I was able to touch 3650fps. I think IMR 4451 would be an ideal powder for this case capacity, if you get the option to try some.

Adam

Back