I'm done with Waffle House

Kizmo

We went into our local Waffle House last night for a late supper. Lo and behold, we saw a brand new sign on the door.

Waffle%20House%20No%20Firearms%20sign_zpsgfzowcwy.jpg

Last night was our last trip to any Waffle House. Looks like the new IHOP in town will be getting our business from now on.

We frequently hit the Waffle House after nocturnal coyote hunts, maybe 1-2 times/week. The Huddle House on the way home has better food, but isn't open late enough sometimes. Fortunately, the new IHOP is only a couple of miles down the road.

Waffle House is now dead to me.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotthe signs are just to make liberals feel good. we go in and out of those places all the time with a firearm. nobody ever knows. no big deal.

Of all the restaurants in town, the Waffle House is probably the #1 place you NEED a gun at night.

Considering the fact that, in many cases, Waffle House is one of the few places that is usually open when the criminals are out and about, whether socially or on business, and bar patrons are usually hungry, as well as some of the more rowdy 'red neck' crowd, the potential for comments to be made that could incite personality problems between any of the factions, restricting honest, peaceful people from carrying an effective form of protection for themselves and their family seems slightly stupid...

I'm going by our local WH and see if a similar sign is on display and if so, I'll catch the attention of some employee inside and while pointing to the sign, wave a handful of $20s, while waving good bye....

Maybe the message will work it's way up the chain...Most are franchises, so it may take a little while...

I sure hope they attract enough of the Starbucks-swilling, Subaru-driving, Birkenstock and Abercrombie-wearing "in" crowd to offset the business they're going to lose.

Somehow, though, I think not.

The sign will mean nothing to an unlawful gun owner anyway. Only the "lawful" will abide. All they have done is created less business for themselves. They can sleep with their decision.

Here is a true story that happened in Greenville SC a couple of years ago to a friend that is a Co Worker, Joe.

Joe and his girl friend was in the Waffle House around 2:00 am, approximately. Two thugs walk in and one goes behind the counter and demands the cash from the register(no visable weapon). The other thug starts robbing patrons at gun point. Joe and his girl friend were both robbed with a pistol in their face. The bad guy almost shot Joe due to the fact that he thought that Joe had a pistol in his hand when it was his cell phone. Joe and his girl friend were sitting at the booth adjacent to the front door. Then the Robber goes to the next booth working his way down the line, A fellow that had a Concealed Weapon Permit that was sitting at the bar, pulled a Glock 45 and killed the bad guy that was robbing people at gun point. The other bad guy behind the counter, now physically assaulting patrons and robbing them without a producing a weapon was put on the ground and held at gun point.

The whole scene was mass hysteria, as you can well imagine. The Second bad guy being held at gun point while laying on the floor rose up and said he needed to check on his buddy that was flopping like a fish on the floor from a HEADSHOT. The guy with the 45 kept screaming that he would shoot him, when the bad guy rushed him, knocked him down, and ran out the front door. He was later apprehended. The CWP holder did not shoot the 2nd perp because he had no weapon...VERY, VERY lucky bad guy!!!

Well, the guy that had the CWP was in good standing, shooting ruled justifiable homicide, and he was a HERO! Sherriff went on TV saying that he was tired of Bad Guys taking advantage of citizens and encouraged everyone to get a CWP!!!! DANG!!!

Waffle house may have got sued, don't know. IT is amazing how many think that it is OK to steal and Rob and should not have to go to Jail.

There has been much discussion outside of LE as to whether the CWP holder could have shot the Bad guy in Self defense since he was charging him... he could have been after his gun. Glad it was not my call, my Glock has a Ghost Rocket trigger group installed in it.

Personally, I would not have got that close to the 2nd perp...then again, I was not there.

I am sure that Waffle House in doing a CYA. South Carolina is armed to the teeth, I am surprised that it was not like the OK corral in there.

Always carry enough gun, these bad guys were really jacked up on Meth or crack, and were wearing heavy clothing. Just imagine having to deal with two very determined bad guys, robbing multiple victims in a public place! These guys don't give a darn, and love the high from the thrill! You maybe forced with the decision to save a life or take a life(s). You dang sure better have enough gun, and be proficient with it.

In SC, there are specific state laws concerning the type of sign and it's size for it to be legal in as far as LE is concerned. Your state may be very different.

Careful, I tried to eat at an IHOP in Sierra Vista, AZ only to find a similar sign. They didn't get my business. The local one here has no such sign though.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotthe signs are just to make liberals feel good. we go in and out of those places all the time with a firearm. nobody ever knows. no big deal.

But you have to hide it.

Screw them, how about some signs to make conservative bill of rights supporters feel good?

Here in Texas there are only 2 signs that matter, the 30.06 and the 51% signs. A knowledgable CHL holder seeing the Waffle House sign knows it means nothing.

But I do agree, [beeep] Waffle House.

In Nevada, although its an open carry state, a business can put the signs up legally if its considered private property. If they see a firearm they can ask you to leave. If you don't you get charged with trespassing. But not a firearm violation.

Funny how the Left interprets property rights so conveniently.

A privately-owned bakery has to violate their religious beliefs and be forced to bake a cake for a homosexual wedding, BUT it's OK for a privately-owned business to discriminate against people exercising their 2nd Amendment rights.

Back