Meet me down wind, she said

Arizona Bushman

It just occurred to me that I haven't been posting around here much. Been too focused on our Facebook Page, I guess.

Anyways, I ventured out to a spot that I called in six coyotes at once about two years ago but had left alone since then. I set up a nice over-watch position for my first stand of the morning and fired up the trusty FoxPro..............Well the batteries decided to call it a day about thirty seconds into the stand as I sat there listening to the sun rise in total silence.

Hmm, as I am digging out a hand-call a coyote is spotted trotting in from the West and then starts veering towards the ten-mile an hour downwind to my South......

I pick up the now trotting faster coyote in my glass. Just as I get a good lead to knock down a moving shot, for no reason whatsoever (she is directly down-wind I mean)The coyote pulls an about face and kicks it up about forty miles per hour to make an escape!

No big deal, as I notice a much larger coyote following a similar path towards the South. (But this time I have a scent reference)

Instead of trying for the running hero shot, I bark this coyote to an abrupt stop and arc the 60 grain V-Max across the prairie.

Nice job, I have a great squeaker om my gun stock and I haven't ever remembered to use it. I think I could have had a double today if I would have composed myself and behaved like you did. My hat is off to you congrats!

Back