Threading on muzzle brake?

Originally Posted By: badger126This is the stock muzzle brake on my Remington r15 vtr. What is the thread on it for? Suppressor? I have no other ideas

Its actually a flash hider/QD mount for a suppressor.

Originally Posted By: JoeBobOutfitters1/2x28 if its a 5.56 rifle.

I think he means the threads on the outside.

As mentioned its for a QD can, the little ridges on the outside are for the locking mechanism.

Originally Posted By: 07yzrysderOriginally Posted By: JoeBobOutfitters1/2x28 if its a 5.56 rifle.

I think he means the threads on the outside.

As mentioned its for a QD can, the little ridges on the outside are for the locking mechanism.

Woops, you are correct. I glanced at the question too quickly on my phone!

Anyone have any first hand experience with this QD mount? I've been looking into this now - wanted a silencer at some point anyways. Do you recommend using these? Of course if I buy a silencer that fits this mount it won't fit anything else - would this QD mount fit on a .22LR? Would the larger 7.62 silencer fit on this QD mount? I'd like something that I can use for a number of calibers (don't mind buying the mounts for them, but would like to have the option). Are AAC suppressors good quality/provide good sound suppression? Thanks

There are much better that have been discussed in the suppressor forum.
smile.gif

I have the same thing and the same questions. I think I posted about this some where else in these forums. Maybe it was in the suppressor forum.

Advanced Combat Company ACC Blackout 51T is what you are showing. I could be wrong as there are other ACC flash hider models for other than the 5.56 cal.

I'm not sure if you can use the suppressor on other caliber rifles or not. I know it's a Quick Connect Disconnect type of Suppressor but I'm not sure if the same type of flash hider will fit on different caliber rifles at the same time. IE fit on a 22 LR cal rifle and also on the a 5.56 cal rifle and then on a 7.65 cal rifle. That would be nice if they did as then you can only buy one "CAN" and move it to different Rifles as needed. But then the company would not be able to sell you as many "Cans".

The 51T flash hider is more expensive than some of the other muzzle breaks that I saw as my local gun store. I think that I paid around 80 bucks or more for mine. Mine fits the 1/2" 28 threads and is for the 5.56 cal AR 15 style rifles. I've not even installed it yet as I have questions about the ACC Can's too. I did buy a tool used to put the ACC 51T onto my rifle. And I bought a barrel vise too.

AAC makes that same attachment for multiple thread configurations, and the 7.62 can can be used back and forth on multiple firearms so long as they are smaller than the 7.62. The suppressor works great...I'm sure there are better, but this one works just fine.

I have the QD mount on 3 weapons (7.62, 6.8 and .223), and move one can back and forth as I use them...

Thanks for the input! I have the .223 currently, and I know that I'd want one that fit 6.5 grendel, .22lr, .308, and maybe a .300BO at some point. I can only afford one silencer though...

Back