New Savage 17 WSM Target Rifle

MPH

My gunsmith just received my rifle and soon I will have a scope mounted and begin testing the gun. Looking forward to seeing if this gun has now been tweaked to be a tack driver like my experience has been with many Savage rifles over the years.

Planning to shoot Winchester and Hornady ammunition for the testing in 20 grain weights.

My personal feeling is this caliber is the ultimate fox caliber. It would be even better if a company would make soft point or tight hollow point bullets for consistent penetration.

Really looking forward to meeting this new rifle and seeing what she can do on the range!
thumbup.gif

In the background, one will see a bluebird house, in the meadow below the porch. I had a pair of house sparrows move in and kill the four baby bluebirds in the house. This house is 85 yards from the rifle in the picture. When the male house sparrow landed at the opening, a 20 gr. Winchester BT vaporized a major portion of his breast. Red mist painted the birdhouse front.
grin.gif
Male house sparrows imprint on a house, and we tried all of the "passive" methods to get him to move on. So I ended the problem with the 17 WSM. So to those that say the 17 WSM isn't an accurate round, one just needs to get the right combo, in 17 WSM. This one looks like the Savage Target Rifle, but it came as a Stainless HB, in a flimsy plastic stock. I replaced that with a Boyds, and it looks like Savage liked my choice.
grin.gif
I am now the "Bad Bird Sniper", with my 17 WSM.

Squeeze

Back