Stickbow strikes in OK!!!

devildogg

I took a few days off and booked a hunt in OK it turned out pretty good. I had to knock the dust off my trusty recurve I haven't got to go bow hunting since last September. And boy did it feel great!!!! My first hog was shot at a total of 4 steps. It has rained the night before and the wind was blowing pretty good so it seemed like a good morning to do some spot and stalk hunting. As I was easing down a trail that had been made by a cat there was piles of brush pushed up along the side of he trail. I glanced over into one of the pile and noticed something black and just not right. I looked closer and it was a big old sow bedded up for the day. Soooooo I stepped back found a small hole with the right angle and shot her with a big old three blade 150 gr. snuffer right between her front legs. I think I surprised her a little:)!!! That evening I went to a stand and sat over a feeder. Just before dark a nice sized bore came into view. He cautiously made his way to the corn as I readied myself for the shot I could hear my heart pounding and feel it beat through my shirt there is no drug that can make a person feel like that. He finally settled down and kept feeding right up to my stand he was only 2 steps from the rails on the ladder stand when I silently drew picked a tiny hair on his chest and let the string slip off my finger tips I watched my arrow in flight like it was slow motion and hit its mark perfect. In an instance it was complete chaos with squealing and a death run that lasted only seconds.

Good job! Stickbow shooter here, too. Hill-style longbows and homemade arrows, Zwickey Deltas. Haven't managed to get a hog with the bow yet, though.

That's awesome and quite an achievement with a stick bow.
thumbup.gif

Back