Disconect doesen't fit

jholp

I have recently acquired a Plum Crazy/New Frontier Armory Gen II polymer lower upgrade kit.

It consists of hammer mechanism, trigger mechanism, take-down pins, (pivot & rear)and safety. All made of polymer.

Here is my problem; the disconnect will NOT fit in the trigger mechanism and the kit did NOT provide a disconnect. My steel disconnect geometry between the trigger pivot hole and the recess that holds the coil spring does not fit.

Has anyone installed this kit? What disconnect mechanism did you use? To this date all the disconnects I have used are working in 5 different lowers but this new polymer set does not cooperate.

Is there a Gen II disconnect that goes with this kit? Who makes it?

Talk to me Joe Bob

Thanks,

John

Okay, just got off of the phone with New Frontier folks. They are mortified as there was suppose to be a disconnector that matches their unique trigger dimensions in their kit.

They are express mailing the New Frontier disconnect that goes with their polymer trigger.

John

You called and emailed on Tuesday and we tried explained the situation over the phone but it seems you called New Frontier after getting off the phone with us. It seems like the issue wasn't conveyed completely to New Frontier Armory and the issue still won't be resolved.

You had purchased a New Frontier STRIPPED lower and a New Frontier Armory UPGRADE kit separately.

The upgrade kits do not include a disconnector, and are not designed to take a metal milspec disconnector.

New Frontier Armory Upgrade Kit

Quote:These upgrade kits will include the following parts:
(1) Takedown Pin (With a deeper trough to be harder to pull out and stronger material)
(1) Pivot Pin ((With a deeper trough to be harder to pull out and stronger material)
Hammer/Trigger/Safety Selector-Redesigned to no longer allow the safety to be engaged when the hammer is forward
Milspec disconnectors will NOT work with this proprietary fire control group!

This will effectively upgrade your Plum Crazy lower receiver to the newer upgraded style of takedown pins and Fire Control Group that is standard on all Gen II New Frontier Armory Polymer lowers. These can also serve as a backup kit for a New Frontier Armory Polymer Gen II upper.

These are NOT a complete Fire Control Group and not intended to be used as such. No disconnector is included.

These upgrade kits are not designed to be used as or sold as a lower parts kit.

New Frontier Armory offered to send you a METAL disconnector because they were under the impression you ordered a standard lower parts KIT and it was missing the disconnector. They didn't realize you bought a polymer upgrade kit which does not include a disconnector. Their resolution still does not solve your problem at hand.

We'll touch base with New Frontier again to see if we can assist the issue further and ensure the wrong part doesn't get sent out with a hefty shipping bill that still won't fix the issue...

Last edited:
The president of New Frontier Arms has called me and understands. He has mailed me the new disconnect part so the trigger assembly is usable.

Thanks for your care and attention

John

23 Infantry Division ("Americal") 1968/1969 Vietnam

Back