Scope for Crossman model1077 air rifle

iowa roger

I have a model 1077 Crossman that is terrible for accuracy with the open sights.
I am thinking about a scope, not more than $30 or so.
Anyone have any thoughts on this.

It's primary use is to dispose of bunnies eating our garden stuff, so shots are close range. I am in town so cannot use a loud gun on them.

Bunnies are tougher than you may think. With a Crossman 10 Pump I bought 15 years ago, I can take down any little critter up to 20 yards or so. Its gotta be a head shot. The last thing you want is a little fury critter screaming through the hood with a pellet in its belly. I use iron sights and like I said....im critter free. Trigger Time with your rifle is your best friend.

Any Cheap 4x or even a low powered variable scope will fit on that rifle's weaver rails. The problem is the gun not the scope. The gun's seals leak after a while and it costs more to fix the seals than it is to buy a new gun. I know as I have two of the Crossman 1077 Multi-shot CO2 powered Air Rifles in .177 cal. Neither of them will hold the CO2 air in. As soon as the cartridge is punctured all the CO2 rushes out immediately. I loved the rile until it started leaking the CO2 out. I guess the seals were not oiled and they got dried out. But even the second one leaked after a short while and I lubed up the seals on it as required. I'm stuck with these two duds now and also the big CO2 Cartridge Adapter. It won't work on the older 1077 but is suppose to work with the newer one. Certain serial numbers don't work with this adapter for some reason. They changed something on the Rifle a while back. I wish that they would redesign this rifle to hold the CO2 in better. I have a CCP Sport CO2 pistol that has a much better CO2 retaining system and I love that pistol. It's made by Umarax and it's a copy of the Walther's Pistol. It's got a positive seal on the CO2 cartridge. I wish that Crossman would get their act together and make a good 1077 rifle.

PS: I hope I'm talking about the right model number. I also have a Crossman pump pistol that's may be a model 1077. I get the two (rifle and pistol Model numbers) mixed up. I double checked the Crossman Air Rifle Box and it's a model 1077 for sure. I read about someone talking about trying to fix the seals themselves but they were having problems as they didn't replace every seal and their rifle still leaked CO2 gas.

Too bad as the rifle itself when it has a new cO2 cartridge in it and it's not leaking like a sieve killed a lot of fox squirrels in my back yard. I loved the fact that it used a 10 or 12 shot rotating plastic magazine and was able to shoot as fast as I could pull the trigger. That was great for a squirrel that was trying to run away and climb up a tree. They would stop a short way up the tree and then stop again and that was when I usually plugged them.
smile.gif
Now I'm fighting with a Gamo Bone Collector that would not keep the scope mounted properly due to it's high recoil. I got that fixed last fall but this spring I noticed that I was missing the fox squirrels again. I need to recheck the scope.

Gamo makes a scope for their air gun and one came on my Bone Collector Air Rifle. But even though it had a scope stop built into the rear scope ring it still would not stay in place. You don't have to worry about the kick with the Crosman Model 1077 Rifle though. It doesn't kick that much as it's not a spring loaded gun.

Originally Posted By: Coyotehunter_Any Cheap 4x or even a low powered variable scope will fit on that rifle's weaver rails. The problem is the gun not the scope. The gun's seals leak after a while and it costs more to fix the seals than it is to buy a new gun. I know as I have two of the Crossman 1077 Multi-shot CO2 powered Air Rifles in .177 cal. Neither of them will hold the CO2 air in. As soon as the cartridge is punctured all the CO2 rushes out immediately. I loved the rile until it started leaking the CO2 out. I guess the seals were not oiled and they got dried out. But even the second one leaked after a short while and I lubed up the seals on it as required. I'm stuck with these two duds now and also the big CO2 Cartridge Adapter. It won't work on the older 1077 but is suppose to work with the newer one. Certain serial numbers don't work with this adapter for some reason. They changed something on the Rifle a while back. I wish that they would redesign this rifle to hold the CO2 in better. I have a CCP Sport CO2 pistol that has a much better CO2 retaining system and I love that pistol. It's made by Umarax and it's a copy of the Walther's Pistol. It's got a positive seal on the CO2 cartridge. I wish that Crossman would get their act together and make a good 1077 rifle.

PS: I hope I'm talking about the right model number. I also have a Crossman pump pistol that's may be a model 1077. I get the two (rifle and pistol Model numbers) mixed up. I double checked the Crossman Air Rifle Box and it's a model 1077 for sure. I read about someone talking about trying to fix the seals themselves but they were having problems as they didn't replace every seal and their rifle still leaked CO2 gas.

Too bad as the rifle itself when it has a new cO2 cartridge in it and it's not leaking like a sieve killed a lot of fox squirrels in my back yard. I loved the fact that it used a 10 or 12 shot rotating plastic magazine and was able to shoot as fast as I could pull the trigger. That was great for a squirrel that was trying to run away and climb up a tree. They would stop a short way up the tree and then stop again and that was when I usually plugged them.
smile.gif
Now I'm fighting with a Gamo Bone Collector that would not keep the scope mounted properly due to it's high recoil. I got that fixed last fall but this spring I noticed that I was missing the fox squirrels again. I need to recheck the scope.

Gamo makes a scope for their air gun and one came on my Bone Collector Air Rifle. But even though it had a scope stop built into the rear scope ring it still would not stay in place. You don't have to worry about the kick with the Crosman Model 1077 Rifle though. It doesn't kick that much as it's not a spring loaded gun.

The seals just went out of my 1077 rifle this year. Too bad, it was a good shooting gun. I was just looking for a scope to put on mine also, so now I need a gun and a scope.

Back