American 30

tks, very impressive, that's a good 500-700 fps faster than same 125 gr pill in 300 BLK.
(almost twice as much powder too)
(well, now I see the Nosler BT fps are for 16" barrel, have to reduce it some to compare, still impressive IMO)

Originally Posted By: Bob_Atltks, very impressive, that's a good 500-700 fps faster than same 125 gr pill in 300 BLK.
(almost twice as much powder too)
(well, now I see the Nosler BT fps are for 16" barrel, have to reduce it some to compare, still impressive IMO)

It's also faster than a 30-30 according to Hodgdon at the same barrel length.

You can take off about 90 FPS for 4" less barrel for your 300 BLK comparison.

Greg

Whopping 2023 ft/lbs at the muzzle, 1014 @ 350 yards, that's super for AR-15 !!
(according to Hornady ballistics calc)
Now I need a set of dies, a barrel, oh and a bolt !!
(come on.. Santa..)

Originally Posted By: Bob_AtlWhopping 2023 ft/lbs at the muzzle, 1014 @ 350 yards, that's super for AR-15 !!
(according to Hornady ballistics calc)
Now I need a set of dies, a barrel, oh and a bolt !!
(come on.. Santa..)

Have you seen the big mulies shot with it? I bet I know a guy that can get you a great deal on the barrel.

Greg

PS: It even shoots 200 grain subs from a 16" barrel without any effort..LOL

Originally Posted By: MPFDCan you post a pic of the loaded round?

Here is the family of bullet weights that Ritch and I routinely shoot.

110, 110, 125, 130, 150

And a pile of 200 grain sub-sonics.

Greg

Originally Posted By: crowkiller51greg will the subsonics cycle the ar15?

and what is the parent case?

Yes it will as I mentioned earlier. 16" barrel with 200 grain Speers. The load has been shot in several rifles. I have a video if I can find it. It was shot extensively at SHOT in super and sub and was well received. I have heard that some big industry people are looking at it.

Parent case on this is the 6.8.

Greg

Originally Posted By: Lefty SRHInteresting! It sounds similar to the .30 Remington AR

Not really. The RAR uses a proprietary bolt, extension and magazine. It also runs at higher pressure, and has a higher case capacity. The RAR is based off the 284 WIN case that Remington bastardized to have a .500 rim dimension.

The American 30 is based off the 6.8 case. The neck is shortened and the case taper expanded. It uses standard 6.8 Remington parts, like it's parent. Its loaded with off the shelf 30 Harrett dies. It works at the same pressure as the 6.8. Power wise it sits in between the 30-30 and the 300 Savage. It will out preform the 30-30 in a 16 inch barrel at magazine length.

Back